Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I've had my PX4 fullsize for about a decade now and I've never stippled or modified it at all because it was the first gun my dad ever got me and I want it to be stock. That said, I've always thought the sides were a bit slippery.
    I really like the Talon Grips grip tape on mine. And if I wanted to, all it would take to return to stock configuration would be to peel the tape off.

Would that be a suitable compromise between the grip being slippery and wanting to keep the gun stock for you?

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    I really like the Talon Grips grip tape on mine. And if I wanted to, all it would take to return to stock configuration would be to peel the tape off.

Would that be a suitable compromise between the grip being slippery and wanting to keep the gun stock for you?

Does removing those grips leave behind that sticky residue like a sticker on a book?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Does removing those grips leave behind that sticky residue like a sticker on a book?
    I actually don't know, since the first grip tape I've bought is still so firmly attached I haven't had to renew it yet.

IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

It doesn't, very easy to clean up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

I'll confirm Larry Sellers answer. If there is any residue - probably won't be - a little isopropyl alcohol on a cotton rag and it's gone.

Larry - that stippling looks great. I've never stippled one. Do you just barely touch the plastic with the tip of the iron and then remove quickly? Does the grip feel any more flexible, due to the increase of the impressions in the plastic?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Larry - that stippling looks great. I've never stippled one. Do you just barely touch the plastic with the tip of the iron and then remove quickly? Does the grip feel any more flexible, due to the increase of the impressions in the plastic?

Thanks.
    I just used light pressure to make the borders and then slightly more as I worked towards the center. I did notice that as I worked around the grip If I had more areas between the other dots I would just put more pressure to fill the void or gaps.

I'm far from an expert but just repeated taps with the same and equal pressure and constant movement to avoid prologed heat in a certain areas is what I did. I also realized that if I did not allow the tip to heat back up between "strings" of stippling it wouldn't make the same indent in the plastic and I would have to go back and do it again. I also had a small cup of water that I would occasionally dip the tip in to clean off the plastic residue that would build up.

Pro Tip: have a small fan to blow the smoke away from your face as you're working, trust me it's almost a requirement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Vending Machine Operator
    Well fantastic, I guess my PX4 is getting some Talon grips.

I've had my PX4 fullsize for about a decade now and I've never stippled or modified it at all because it was the first gun my dad ever got me and I want it to be stock. That said, I've always thought the sides were a bit slippery. Been mulling over a fullsize Inox for some time and if I get one that baby is getting stippled.
    Why don't you just get a set of the Talon Grips? They work great and there would be no permanent mod to the gun.

Edit, I see that I am late with this recommendation.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 08-18-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Why don't you just get a set of the Talon Grips? They work great and there would be no permanent mod to the gun.

Edit, I see that I am late with this recommendation.
    Still appreciated. They're on their way.

User Tag List