Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

I've already replaced the stock hammer spring in my full sized with the Cougar D spring. If I change to the Wilson 12# should/will I feel a noticeable difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I apologize for a slight thread drift but I couldn't find any info online regarding running a 9mm PX4 barrel in a .40 PX4. Is that feasible? The thought occurred to me while perusing the Beretta USA website as they're running a 20% off deal for the weekend and one could buy an extended (4.6") 9mm PX4 barrel for $136 shipped.
    It will not work. The OD on the 40 barrel is larger and therefore the hole at the end of the barrel is larger on the 40 slide. If you stick a 9mm barrel in there it will not fit correctly at all. The breach face may also cause some issues, but the end of the barrel will for sure.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LTC77406 View Post
    I've already replaced the stock hammer spring in my full sized with the Cougar D spring. If I change to the Wilson 12# should/will I feel a noticeable difference?
    Yes. On two of my compacts, I initially replaced the F spring with a D and then changed to the Wilson 12 lb spring. To me, it smoothed out and lightened the DA pull. I'm sure it lightened the SA pull too, but I didn't notice it as much.

Hey EL, have you been carrying this lately AIWB? Does it conceal better than a G17 in similar JM kydex?

I'm looking at a full size over compact due to the increased grip length for a faster and more secure draw for my tiny hands.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Hey EL, have you been carrying this lately AIWB? Does it conceal better than a G17 in similar JM kydex?

I'm looking at a full size over compact due to the increased grip length for a faster and more secure draw for my tiny hands.
    My compact is still my carry gun. The full size is going to be my shooter this year. I plan to run it really hard and see if it fails. The Compact held up really well, so I think the full size should with no problems.

I do have a nice holster from Keepers Concealment that carries the full size really well. I have trained with it a little and it works great and is a very fast holster.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Ernest, I think Bill Wilson said that the PX4 felt like a softer shooting pistol compared to the M92s. Did you find this to be the case?

So? Christmas for my new storm came today. I have yet to fire it but I now have stealth controls installed, slide stop and decocking levers. My full size came with a lanyard type mainspiring cap so I switched it out with a flat cap and new D spring. I also purchased a metal recoil spring set up and when replacing noticed the factory spring set up was not the polymer type so I now have 2 of them. Also got a couple of 20 round magazines. Over all huge improvement. I do find however the stealth decocking levers are more difficult to manipulate but the trade off is still worth it to have slimmer slide and getting rid of the sharp edges.

One thing I have noticed in dry fire is when cocking the hammer for single action there is a little rough spot initially on the first part of the take up. No roughness at the point the sear is engaged just at the start of take up. I don't feel this is a real issue in actual use just a nit pick. Does anyone else feel this?
    Last edited by Houstonxd40; 02-20-2017 at 07:23 PM.

How hard to install a D spring?

5 minutes. Pull backstrap, drift pin, pull spring and reverse.
    Last edited by Houstonxd40; 02-20-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonxd40 View Post
    One thing I have noticed in dry fire is when cocking the hammer for single action there is a little rough spot initially on the first part of the take up. No roughness at the point the sear is engaged just at the start of take up. I don't feel this is a real issue in actual use just a nit pick. Does anyone else feel this?
    It sounds like you're talking about the half cock notch. The hammer has to move the sear forward over the half cock notch at the very beginning of the trigger pull and or cocking process. it will add a little weight and you will hear a click as the sear drops into the half cock notch.

Maybe that is what you are feeling?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List