Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

This will be my last update in this thread for a while.

I put 301 rounds of remanufactured 124g through my PX4. I had two malfunctions.
    The first was a failure to extract, exactly the same as the malfunction I had above. The second was an out of spec round that would not chamber (the dangers of cheap remanufactured ammo).

The FTE happened within the first 100 rounds and I could not get the gun to repeat the malfunction over the next 200 rounds. The extractor was clean so I'm guessing I need to replace the extractor and extractor spring. The gun was used with an unknown round count when I bought it so I don't really fault the gun. Shit happens.

I now have over 3000 rounds through the gun and I feel like I know it well enough to know that it's a great shooter. I had a 2.11 Bill Drill today with a VERY close C that would have smashed my last personal record (also set with the PX4) if it had been clean. These guns are shooters.

When I got home, I pulled out my first love, my Elite II, and replaced the trigger, tigger bar, slide release and main springs. It's cleaned and ready to go. I intend to bench the PX4 for The rest of the season and pull it out in the fall where I have big plans to finally crack 5 seconds on the FAST!
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 04-30-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Spelling/grammar
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

For those of us who have been hoping for a Keepers Concealment option:
    https://www.facebook.com/36359682713...type=3&theater

FINALLY got my used PX4 fullsize to the range: First: The new Truglo tritium sights are great! U-notch rear with blacked out tritium lamps, and a big white dot/tritium front dot. Kinda like HD's but with a White front. Found them to be poa/poi driving the dot at 10 yards.

Second: Less good news; my wilson 13lb. Spring gave me consistent light strikes in double action. This is a used gun so I can't speak to the life it had before hand, but indications showed it wasn't rough or shot very much. I'm gonna detail strip the slight and make sure the firing pin channel isn't gunked up. Anyone else had similiar issues? Ideas? My CC with a 12lb spring has been 100% reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    FINALLY got my used PX4 fullsize to the range: First: The new Truglo tritium sights are great! U-notch rear with blacked out tritium lamps, and a big white dot/tritium front dot. Kinda like HD's but with a White front. Found them to be poa/poi driving the dot at 10 yards.

Second: Less good news; my wilson 13lb. Spring gave me consistent light strikes in double action. This is a used gun so I can't speak to the life it had before hand, but indications showed it wasn't rough or shot very much. I'm gonna detail strip the slight and make sure the firing pin channel isn't gunked up. Anyone else had similiar issues? Ideas? My CC with a 12lb spring has been 100% reliable
    I think I would go with the 12# spring.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    Except if I'm getting light strikes, a lighter spring would only exacerbate that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    If he's having issues with a 13# spring then the 12# spring won't make it any better. I know the Competition trigger group that's standard in the PX4 CC has a different hammer; maybe the factory hammer doesn't have enough mass?

Check the firing pin tip and channel first.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    If he's having issues with a 13# spring then the 12# spring won't make it any better. I know the Competition trigger group that's standard in the PX4 CC has a different hammer; maybe the factory hammer doesn't have enough mass?

I understand the physics just thought he may have a bad spring or mislabeled one, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post

Detail stripped and cleaned the entire pistol, slide and frame. No noticeable buildup of gunk in the firing pin channel. Was a little sweaty, but not bad at all. Firing pin seemed fine. Multiple parts on in the firing control group had pretty nasty machine marks on them. I did a light (very light) polish job on the hammer strut, sides of the hammer and contact/rolling surfaces of the sear and hammer. Action feels a little better now, but not so much that it should have been affected primer strikes..... I don't think. . .

Yes, its possible I got a bad spring from Wilson.... If after next range visit the issue hasn't been resolved with my deep clean I'll try another spring, or drop the complete fire control unit from my CC into the gun and see if it runs then.

No one else has had a problem with the 12 or 13lb springs right?

I don't have a full size PX4 but I've used 12lb springs in two Compact Carries for about 1000 rounds between them so far without issues. I've used Blazer Brass, S&B government contract overrun, and Federal HST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I've never had a problem with light FP strikes, you should put the factory spring back in and see what it does.

Also, what type of ammunition were you using?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List