Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonxd40 View Post
    I have the same issue. I find the decocker difficult to manipulate with strong hand thumb. The steps I decided upon to decock is to come to high ready and take my weak hand reach over the top of the slide and use index finger and thumb to push down on the levers.
    Same here for now, I am hoping it breaks in a little further with use.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I "think" that it was when it was first introduced, but I am not sure. As Sig just announced that it was going to drop the P250, there are precious few DAO guns out there for consideration. If the Compact Carry were available as a DAO, I'd be looking at it hard. Maybe a full sized D slide on a compact frame could be cobbled together?

I'm just going to go pout.....or seriously try to find some LEM H&Ks to coon-finger. At least they won't disappear.
    To that end, I have been grabbing up some P250 Compacts, and a few different H&K's.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    You can buy a D hammer and remove the sear/sear spring to convert the gun into a DAO if you really want to.
    I've considered modifying a Type F Compact, but you'd still be stuck with the decocker levers and one aspect of the C and D that I like is the slick slide.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    I've considered modifying a Type F Compact, but you'd still be stuck with the decocker levers and one aspect of the C and D that I like is the slick slide.
    With the stealth levers its like they aren't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So I did go to a .320" tall rear sight on my full-size gun. If you shoot the dot, the point of impact will likely be perfect with the compact sights, which has a .305" tall rear sight.

My full size hits just a hair above the top of the front sight at 25 yards for me with the .320" rear.
    Where do the stock sights on the PX4 CC hit for you at 25 yards? On my CC with 147gr I seem to be able to drive the dot at 5-10 yards but bY 25 yards I am close to 6:00 hold which works great for me. Blast away at the dot up close, shoot the top of the blade at distance so the "wider" front doesn't interfere. Would love to reproduce that with the Fullsize.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. I am not ready to hang up my 92s, I still love them. But the PX4 is very likeable for sure. I am already starting to figure some things out about the full-size gun and I have some ideas that may make it even better. Some of them may be a bit of a stretch to get Beretta Italy to buy into, but I am going to try.
    Any hints yet on your ideas for Beretta to improve the Fullsize beyond Ameriglo sights, competition fire control pack, and stealth levers?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    I have been gathering the slick side versions of these over the last couple of weeks. I have 2 Type C's in 9mm, and a Type D in 9mm. I just bought a Type D in .40 and converted it last night to a Type C. That is going with me along with my Mod2 PX4CC on their maiden voyages to the range today. I also ordered another .40 Type D, but may leave it stock. I do really like the DAO (Type C is really SAO) Berettas.
    I've been interested in these pistols for a while. There isn't much information about them available. What sort of trigger pull weight do you have on your type C's and type D's? Can you tell me more about the trigger pull?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopping on the full size PX4 bandwagon. Ordered an Inox 9mm to try out. Gonna order the Competition Trigger Pack and a few spare mags from Beretta later tonight. I'm gonna try the stock safety levers and slide release as-is and see if I want to install the stealth hardware later on. I will order the mag release kit at some point. I'm gonna try blacking out the rear sight dots with a sharpie and I'll paint the front orange...I'll order the Ameriglo sights eventually. I have a spare 12# hammer spring that I'll throw in the gun when I change the trigger pack. Instead of Talon grips I think I'm gonna drop the frame off at a local guy to get stippled. I've been following him on FB for a while and he seems to do solid work. Looking forward to comparing it to my PX4 CC.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Hopping on the full size PX4 bandwagon. Ordered an Inox 9mm to try out. Gonna order the Competition Trigger Pack and a few spare mags from Beretta later tonight. I'm gonna try the stock safety levers and slide release as-is and see if I want to install the stealth hardware later on. I will order the mag release kit at some point. I'm gonna try blacking out the rear sight dots with a sharpie and I'll paint the front orange...I'll order the Ameriglo sights eventually. I have a spare 12# hammer spring that I'll throw in the gun when I change the trigger pack. Instead of Talon grips I think I'm gonna drop the frame off at a local guy to get stippled. I've been following him on FB for a while and he seems to do solid work. Looking forward to comparing it to my PX4 CC.
    Please share some pics of the stippling job and your thoughts on it after you've had some time with it. I haven't had the nerve to try this to any of my guns yet, but am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I've been interested in these pistols for a while. There isn't much information about them available. What sort of trigger pull weight do you have on your type C's and type D's? Can you tell me more about the trigger pull?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    john,
    I wish I could give you some quantifiable info, but unfortunately, I don't have a trigger pull gauge. That said, I think both models have about a 6 lb. trigger pull. Let me see if I can give some meaningful descriptives. I hope the references I give make sense, or that you have some experience with them so that this is useful.
    Type D
    I think Beretta makes the best DAO action of any manufacturer I have tried. My PX4 D feels pretty much the same as a 92/96D. The action is a smooth roll through the trigger until you hit a short wall as the hammer drops. I prefer this to any of my revolvers, my Sig DAK, or P250. There isn't really any slack or take up as the instant you start drawing the trigger rearward the hammer moves.
    Type C
    Think about H&K's LEM, but different, maybe almost the inverse. My H&K P30 V1 has a long and light take up, a short stack up and a smooth break(on my gun, the last 1/4-in. of trigger movement before the hammer drops). The Type C has a very short take up (maybe 1/4-in of trigger travel) and then it picks up into a smooth 6-lb or so pull as it starts the hammer to complete cocking, then something of a smooth rolling break. It feels like a shorter version of the D, after the take up. So to say that more concisely, LEM is long, light take up and then short movement to the break, and the Type C has a short take up and a longer, smooth movement to the break. Also, the LEM has a long stiff DA pull for a second strike, if needed, and the Type C requires the slide to cycle to reset the trigger, so no double strike.
    This is probably as clear as mud, but I hope it shed some light. I don't know where you're located, but if it's anywhere near N. Dallas, I'd be happy to meet up and let you try them.
    Last edited by DallasBronco; 03-13-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I had these same thoughts and when I saw the $75 rebate offer on px4s I gave in. I put the comp trigger unit in with 12 lbs WC spring, filed and polished the hammer and sear a bit, added the factory steel guide rod, blacked out rear sight with flat black paint pen, painted front dot orange and swapped levers for low-profile (and did g conversion). I was planning on shooting it for a while before swapping levers, but 20 mins of dry fire convinced me to do it now. I'll probably do a stipple job eventually, but I added a talon grip for the time being.

I shot it for the first time this past Friday (after adding all the mods - I couldn't bring myself to shoot it stock ) and I'm sold. I may end up swapping sights eventually, but for now I'm happy with it.

As for comparing it to the compact carry(s), I have a mod 2 and a mod 0. My trigger job on the full size falls between these two - very smooth, but slightly heavier single action than EL's trigger work and lighter than the mod 0 with WC 12 lbs spring (which I guess makes it a mod 1 - I think). I only have about 150 rounds through the full size, so I'll hold off on final judgement... but it looks very promising so far. I did have issues with the mag release being too small, but I should have a larger one in a couple days to swap out.

User Tag List