Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

The Type C is not single action. If the hammer were to fall from the Type C notch it would not have enough energy to ignite the primer most of the time. It is more like a half-cock position since the hammer still needs to go back a little before falling.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    The Type C is not single action. If the hammer were to fall from the Type C notch it would not have enough energy to ignite the primer most of the time. It is more like a half-cock position since the hammer still needs to go back a little before falling.
    I don't disagree, but the distinction is what I have read in describing it. It is likely how Beretta distinguishes between it and the Type D which is a true DAO. Part of the conversion from Type D to Type C is adding a sear because the Type D doesn't have one.

Here's a quick pictorial of how to remove and reinstall the mag release.

Here the kit as it comes from Beretta. It has low, medium and high releases.

A pic of the releases and the only tool you need to install one of them.

Insert the end of the paper clip into the hole.

Push the paper clip in and push out the retaining pin.

This is what comes out when you remove the pin. It's all completely reversible.

Remove the spring and install it on whichever release you want. I chose the high one.

Put the side plate back into the gun and push the spring and realease into the gun. All you have to do is push the retaining pin onto the hole while holding the release in place. Make sure you get it to fully seat and you are done. The whole process takes less than a minute.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    I have been gathering the slick side versions of these over the last couple of weeks. I have 2 Type C's in 9mm, and a Type D in 9mm. I just bought a Type D in .40 and converted it last night to a Type C. That is going with me along with my Mod2 PX4CC on their maiden voyages to the range today. I also ordered another .40 Type D, but may leave it stock. I do really like the DAO (Type C is really SAO) Berettas.
    I wish the compact was still made in the D version. Once upon a time I had a 96D Centurion that got traded off. I really didn't appreciate what I had at the time.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I wish the compact was still made in the D version. Once upon a time I had a 96D Centurion that got traded off. I really didn't appreciate what I had at the time.
    Are you saying that Beretta offered a PX4 Compact as a D? That would be truly awesome, as I am seriously considering carrying a full size Type C when I lose enough gut to pull off carrying that long grip without printing terribly AIWB. I really like that trigger in the little time that I have spent with it, and now I know how to convert a D to a C.

I had a 96D Centurion and traded it off a few years ago. I just don't care for the 90-Series guns in .40. To me, there are options that fit me better if I wanted to carry .40.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    Are you saying that Beretta offered a PX4 Compact as a D? That would be truly awesome, as I am seriously considering carrying a full size Type C when I lose enough gut to pull off carrying that long grip without printing terribly AIWB. I really like that trigger in the little time that I have spent with it, and now I know how to convert a D to a C.
    I "think" that it was when it was first introduced, but I am not sure. As Sig just announced that it was going to drop the P250, there are precious few DAO guns out there for consideration. If the Compact Carry were available as a DAO, I'd be looking at it hard. Maybe a full sized D slide on a compact frame could be cobbled together?

I'm just going to go pout.....or seriously try to find some LEM H&Ks to coon-finger. At least they won't disappear.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Stealth safety leavers installed. They are much harder to manipulate than the stock safety leavers, but I'm sure they will break in with time. I dig them, they clean up the lines of the gun, and of course slim the slide profile. Now, I just need a new set of F.O. sights and the gun will be perfect.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    You can buy a D hammer and remove the sear/sear spring to convert the gun into a DAO if you really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Stealth safety leavers installed. They are much harder to manipulate than the stock safety leavers, but I'm sure they will break in with time. I dig them, they clean up the lines of the gun, and of course slim the slide profile. Now, I just need a new set of F.O. sights and the gun will be perfect.

I have the same issue. I find the decocker difficult to manipulate with strong hand thumb. The steps I decided upon to decock is to come to high ready and take my weak hand reach over the top of the slide and use index finger and thumb to push down on the levers.

Vending Machine Operator
    I want to talk about the PX4 .45 ACP.

I have 12K through my .40 version, and we've seen that the 9mm performs admirably, but has anyone tested the .45 at any length?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List