Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Vending Machine Operator

Beretta PX4 Full Size

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I keep telling people that the full size PX4 is one of the best guns out there, but because Beretta's never really done a great job marketing it, no one believes me.

This thread makes me happy, and kind of want to buy another PX4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As an 8-year owner, agreed. I've already decided on an Inox 9mm to complement my blued .40. Just have yet to pony up the cash.

It's amusing in its way. As a first-time gun owner and young penniless student I read the legends of 92 and 226 and 1911 thinking I wasn't legit yet, then grew up, accumulated handguns like weeds in a garden, and realized the PX4 stands very strongly on its own merits.

Last edited by LockedBreech; 12-05-2016 at 02:39 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Does the steel recoil rod offer any performance benefits other than durability and putting a little more weight towards the front of the gun? My plastic recoil rod seems to bow quite a bit under load.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    On my PX4 full size and compact mags they come from the factory with a very "sticky" preservative on them. I disassemble and degrease everything , and again after the mags have a a few hundred rounds through them.I haven't had any malfunctions with that routine.
    It seems that preservative stays around for awhile and can makes things a but sluggish even after the first cleaning. YMMV.
    Is the preservative yellowish in colour? I noticed some yellowish residue in some mags.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 12-05-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Id say a bit on the orangeish side. I also get that residue in the magwell.

Vending Machine Operator

Beretta PX4 Full Size

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    Does the steel recoil rod offer any performance benefits other than durability and putting a little more weight towards the front of the gun? My plastic recoil rod seems to bow quite a bit under load.
    I replaced with a steel fluted Wilson one in my 92FS because the original design contemplated steel and I like the slide feel better, but I don't do it with poly guns because it can beat up the frame. If Glocks can run as well as they do on poly rods don't stress about it.

Last edited by LockedBreech; 12-05-2016 at 11:10 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Id say a bit on the orangeish side. I also get that residue in the magwell.
    Does it look like this (top right corner of magwell)? I was wondering what that discolouration was. Interesting....I will degrease the mags before my next range session. The magwell is getting a bit beat up from dry fire.

Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 12-05-2016 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Correction
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Yup thats it!

I have a full-size PX4 coming soon. Just read through the whole tread and I am really excited to put this gun through the paces.

Wonder if I can get Ameriglo to make the TCap sights and maybe an FO front?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

So I spent some time playing with the mag well area on the PX4. As you can see from the picture, I turned the spring clip that holds the backstrap on around backwards and then open up the magwell area quite a bit front to back. I really did help a ton. I find the front to back way more important on reloads than side to side with a double stack gun. Name:  IMG_4042.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  31.4 KB
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Mr. Langdon, out of curiosity, what are the odds you'll switch fully to the px4 platform?

User Tag List