Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Automated case trimming.

The RT1200/RT1500 is sweet. I have an RT1200, might upgrade to the 1500 now that I have a 1050.

I use my GTC for long-range loads, for anything where in going to get most of my brass back. It's a gem.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Have you used the GTC? It takes care of length and in+out mouth bevel, at the same time, in about 3-5 seconds per case. It doesn't get much faster.

I used to have one. Wasn't crazy about it, but many people obviously are. I forget what I didn't like about it at the time, but if I recall, it was annoying to change calibers, and I didn't always get as even a trim as I would like. The cost of trimming a bunch of calibers was also annoying. Maybe I should revisit it, and might if my poor mans auto doesn't work out well.

The press setup that I linked to is similar to my setup, but I have an automatic case ejector coming from Inline Fabrication, so it should be at least as quick as the Giraud, if not quicker. The foot pedal is pretty cool.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    it was annoying to change calibers
    A fair point. Caliber changes, if you don't have additional blade holder with blades, can be slow.

The Inline Fabrication case ejector for the RockChucker is a really nice addition.

Good luck with your search.

A fair point. Caliber changes, if you don't have additional blade holder with blades, can be slow.

The Inline Fabrication case ejector for the RockChucker is a really nice addition.

I hate brass prep, especially trimming.

Thanks.

I set up a second(or first, I guess) tool head for prepping my .223 cases on the Load Master.
    prep turret
    Station 1 - Decap
    Station 2 - Size and prime
    Station 3 - Empty
    Station 4 - Quick Trim
    Station 5 - Empty

loading turret

Station 1 - Empty
    Station 2 - Powder Charge (currently with Auto Disk, double disk and spring return but I will be switching to the new Auto Drum measure soon)
    Station 3 - Hornady Powder Check
    Station 4 - bullet seat
    Station 5 - Lee Factory Crimp

I clean the cases then lube with Lee case lube thinned with 90% isopropyl alcohol, run them through the case prep turret then load and a quick tumble of the finished cartridges.

Of course this doesn't work for military once fired the first time around. Those I decap and swage single stage.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 02-08-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

I've since moved on to a Dillon Rapid Trimmer on my 650 with a Swage-It...but before, I used a Little Crow Gunworks World's Fastest Trimmer like this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdv7eCtwd5U
    A71593

Sure does! I put one on my rockchucker just because it cuts time on removing primers, one less step.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I have the WFT for 308, but I don't load 308 anymore. I recall it working well, but I think I had to chamfer and deburr still. A friend just showed me this. Looks great, and he says it works great. If they made it for 300wm, I'd buy one.
    http://www.hendersonprecision.com/

That sure looks to be a well made tool, but $275.00? I guess I'm just a cheapskate. The Lee Quick Trim Deluxe is hard to beat and precise/repeatable.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

User Tag List