Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Automated case trimming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    That sure looks to be a well made tool, but $275.00? I guess I'm just a cheapskate. The Lee Quick Trim Deluxe is hard to beat and precise/repeatable.
    Power or hand crank?

It comes manual but there is an adapter to run it with a 1/4 drive drill. I thought that was what you were looking for the flex shaft for. I just use a small cordless driver but a foot controlled motor would make it that much better.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    It comes manual but there is an adapter to run it with a 1/4 drive drill. I thought that was what you were looking for the flex shaft for. I just use a small cordless driver but a foot controlled motor would make it that much better.
    Gotcha. Mine is not manual at all, just 1/4 drive. Been looking at the manual as an option as well. I Used mine the other day with a drill hooked up. Too much power, I think. I need to pick up a screwdriver to try with it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I hate brass prep, especially trimming.

Thanks.
    Me too. It's almost enough to make a guy want to go back to lever actions.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I have the WFT for 308, but I don't load 308 anymore. I recall it working well, but I think I had to chamfer and deburr still. A friend just showed me this. Looks great, and he says it works great. If they made it for 300wm, I'd buy one.
    http://www.hendersonprecision.com/
    I have a WFT, too. It is pretty neat, but you do have to chamfer and deburr separately.

not digging the shell holder design or adjust setup. I prefer my Wilson with the micrometer adjust depth setting behind the case and ability to use full length sized or neck sized. Maybe a tad slower, but not much. My only complaint is the way they did the hand crank to power, you lose all your settings with the way they did that, and a simple fitted collar would have prevented it.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List