Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lionheart industries lh9

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    North Korea.

Plus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republ...as_deployments

See section 6 = Overseas deployments
    Oh...sorry...I guess this just doesn't equate to "combat vetted" to me. That would entail actually using the pistol extensively in combat, evaluating its performance, and determining it performed well. This just shows some may have showed up in theater. May never have been removed from storage container or holster. But if this satisfies others great. Looks like a neat piece, I was just saying I wouldn't declare it a well vetted weapon. YMMV.
    Last edited by Willard; 02-07-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm not rushing out to buy a Lionheart but the Koreans have been using the same basic design since the late 1980's. They don't have much of a civilian gun culture but their military and police are serious professionals.

The Daewoo / Lion heart is as vetted as the Beretta M9 and Glock 19 were prior to 9/11.

Vending Machine Operator
    Held one recently. Was a nice gun. I wouldn't risk $600 on one but they go on fire sales for $400 sometimes which is interesting
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I remember that in the past Caleb was very impressed with the Lionhearts. I've looked at, and handled them, but never shot one. They strike me as a credible re-interpretation of a 2nd/3rd Generation Smith & Wesson 3900/5900 series autopistol, with the FN SFS option. Not that that's not desirable lineage per se, but I don't exactly recall the "parental DNA" as being noted for long-term durability (at least the S&W aspect-I literally don't know of anyone who's put hig roundcounts on a SFS-system gun) (but that doesn't mean it hasen't been done...

Personally, I think that there are better mainstream platforms with a more proven fielding track record.

Conversely, that's probably what a horse aficionado said to a potential car buyer circa early 1900s....So caveat emptor...

Best, Jon

I have quite a bit of trigger time the LH9N. At first I was hesitant, but I did end up liking it.

My concern with the DA+ trigger is that people without much,or any, training will depress the trigger far enough back to make the hammer go back to SA. I find this to be gun safety rule violation, seeing as if I'm gonna put my finger on the trigger, I am pressing it to fire the weapon. Just because you can treat it like a two stage trigger doesnt mean you should, in my meager opinion. When the DA+ is treated like a DA trigger, with one fluid movement to press the trigger until fire, it is excellent. People new to the LH9 would benefit with a solid dry firing plan.

For people that want a hammer fired weapon for AIWB, the LH9s arent bad.

Thanks Brian, I appreciate your insight.

I agree that pre-staging the single action trigger is dangerous. Its unfortunate that the pistols most unique and in my opinion, underrated trigger system is ultimately overlooked because people dont understand how it works.

I am specifically looking for something a bit thinner than our typical, blocky striker fired guns. A 1911 or hi-power worn iwb is more comfortable for a skinny guy like myself.

Ive noticed from the videos I've seen from folks testing the pistol that they are having some difficulty when rapid firing. Looks like it might take a little getting used to. Have you had any issues with the gun?

All in all, Im still going to give it a try. I sincerely hope that hammer fired guns are here to stay because I can't seem to summon much enthusiasm for striker fired pistols. Then again I am bored to tears by most vehicles made after the 70s.

I'm 27 but the nostalgia I have for days gone by, the old America that is clearly on its dying bed, is intoxicating. I am firmly aware that a firearm is simply a tool and logic should trump any emotional wants yet I feel the desire to devorce myself from an increasingly sick society, and this repulsion to modernity leaves a bad taste for most modern accoutrements. More than likely I will stick to 1911s and bhps, but I'll keep a 9mm glock or two.

Strange how our destiny is molded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustin View Post

I agree that pre-staging the single action trigger is dangerous. Its unfortunate that the pistols most unique and in my opinion, underrated trigger system is ultimately overlooked because people dont understand how it works.

I am specifically looking for something a bit thinner than our typical, blocky striker fired guns. A 1911 or hi-power worn iwb is more comfortable for a skinny guy like myself.

Ive noticed from the videos I've seen from folks testing the pistol that they are having some difficulty when rapid firing. Looks like it might take a little getting used to. Have you had any issues with the gun?

All in all, Im still going to give it a try. I sincerely hope that hammer fired guns are here to stay because I can't seem to summon much enthusiasm for striker fired pistols. Then again I am bored to tears by most vehicles made after the 70s.

I'm 27 but the nostalgia I have for days gone by, the old America that is clearly on its dying bed, is intoxicating. I am firmly aware that a firearm is simply a tool and logic should trump any emotional wants yet I feel the desire to devorce myself from an increasingly sick society, and this repulsion to modernity leaves a bad taste for most modern accoutrements. More than likely I will stick to 1911s and bhps, but I'll keep a 9mm glock or two.

Strange how our destiny is molded.
    Sounds like a lot of emotional reasons for choosing hardware.

Cool

Yes and I've acknowledged that sentiment. I don't tend to let it influence all of my life choices but the allure of the sirens call is tantalizing.

I know it would be far more practical to drive a corolla everyday but, eh, I'll deal with the headaches involved in owning a vintage pickup.

I find myself more willing to work on those old trucks than a soul crushingly boring corolla.

Same with 1911 and glock. I want to shoot 1911s more often. I'm willing to put in the work needed to deal with the higher maintenance level. The rewards are immense.

However, I still keep more modernized backups. After all, 2 is 1, 1 is none.

Sorry for getting off topic, the lh9 just made me realize my love for the old rather than the actual pistol.
    At least I hijacked my own thread.
    Last edited by Rustin; 02-13-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustin View Post

Eh, it isnt exactly thinner. Its still a double stack based off of both a S&W 59 and a Beretta 92. That said, if twig like you finds the BHP or 1911 comfortable for carry, I cant see you having a problem with the LH9N.

The only issues we noted was that it vertical strings its rounds, or at least ours did. It was still a good group for a factory gun; 4 inches or so at around 25 yards. I was recovering from a torn ulnar, so my shooting wasnt for accuracy as much as it was for getting familiar with the gun, and shooting again.

Vending Machine Operator
    The basic one is on sale for $449 at Bud's right now. I think they usually have it for 600-625.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List