Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pistol grips and stocks

Just got my tango down grip, thanks SLG.

Initial Impressions:
    -Way different angle then I am used to, not a bad thing just new.
    - There is a slight gap between the trigger guard and the grips overhang, once again not a bad thing just something I noticed.
    -I can get way higher on the gun and more finger in the trigger then the a2 or bcm mod 2.
    -Texturing is nice, not to abrasive but you can tell it will keep your hand close.
    -Material is nice, fit and finish are what you would expect from a squared away company.
    -The really awesome thing about it is the storage compartment. The dual system is genius. You could easily do a bolt and battery combo in there and have your bases covered.

Thanks again slg, I look forward to working with it more.

BT91,

Glad you see its upsides. Whether or not it works well for you is probably dependant on many factors, but as I said before, it is my favorite grip and I have been using one for about the last 12 years or so. Let us know how it does longer term, good bad or ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    BT91,

Glad you see its upsides. Whether or not it works well for you is probably dependant on many factors, but as I said before, it is my favorite grip and I have been using one for about the last 12 years or so. Let us know how it does longer term, good bad or ugly.
    Diggin it right now. Got a case of 223 coming, I will give you my honest opinion once its all down range

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Diggin it right now. Got a case of 223 coming, I will give you my honest opinion once its all down range
    Cool.

Looks like I'll have to give a more vertical grip another chance and see if it makes safing the gun one handed easier. Not sure that actually matters, but I want to know. What is the preferred grip these days for the less vertically challenged? :-)

Cool.

Looks like I'll have to give a more vertical grip another chance and see if it makes safing the gun one handed easier. Not sure that actually matters, but I want to know. What is the preferred grip these days for the less vertically challenged? :-)
    Plenty of people liking the bcm grip.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Plenty of people liking the bcm grip.
    Is that the one you offered to send? Figures. I guess they make a few different ones. Any real differences that matter?

Is that the one you offered to send? Figures. I guess they make a few different ones. Any real differences that matter?
    I think the mod 2 has the biggest different. You can tailor it to your hand with the inserts. If it were me I would either do the mod 2 or the mod 3 (mod 3 is the cheapest and probably just as good as the rest). Voodoo and a few others seem to like the magpul k2 grip. I think its all preference but those would be the two companies/grips I would look at.

The Magpul didn't work for me at all when I tried it. I actually have a vertical grip from TD that I will throw on there and try it again. Never really gave any thought to one handed safety issues before, as long as I could take them off, that was all that mattered.

The Magpul didn't work for me at all when I tried it. I actually have a vertical grip from TD that I will throw on there and try it again. Never really gave any thought to one handed safety issues before, as long as I could take them off, that was all that mattered.
    When I was trying the various vertical-er pistol grips (something I just flat out don't get, don't like, and don't understand, after all that trying) the biggest issue I had was coming from the TD made for man-hands and all the vertical-er grips being seemingly made for bitch-paws. In fact, I never found a vertical-er grip that replicated the distance from web of hand to trigger that I was used to with the TD, and as I now realize was the entire thing I like so much about the TD.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    When I was trying the various vertical-er pistol grips (something I just flat out don't get, don't like, and don't understand, after all that trying) the biggest issue I had was coming from the TD made for man-hands and all the vertical-er grips being seemingly made for bitch-paws. In fact, I never found a vertical-er grip that replicated the distance from web of hand to trigger that I was used to with the TD, and as I now realize was the entire thing I like so much about the TD.
    I agree, which is why I stuck with the TD. I haven't tried all the newer vertical grips, and none of them with the one handed safety aspect in mind. I found that not only did those grips detract from my trigger finger placement, but they made handling the gun, especially at high speed or under stress, less controllable. A good friend of mine who is an excellent shooter, prefers to have a low, loose grip on the gun when shooting, as he correctly understands that recoil control doesn't really come from the shooting hand. However, controlling the gun and driving it does, especially in team tactics, and I prefer to get as high and strong a grip on the gun as possible. Makes it seem lighter and move more precisely.

User Tag List