Thread: Model 10 police trade in.

Site Supporter

Model 10 police trade in.

I have been looking at the Model 10 police trade in guns at both Buds and J&G sales.

Has anyone ordered these? Is it worth paying $20 extra for the hand select option?

What might you have to replace spring/parts wise to ensure a dependable revolver?

Is my understanding correct that you CAN shoot +p in these?

Other than carrying j-frames and reading I'm ignorant on revolvers.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 02-06-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Wayne and I hand selected a couple of our own Model 64's for a custom build from Ted Yost from J&G. Some of the guns are pretty bad with "owner modifications" or dropped, thrashed, etc. I would pay the $20 for hand selected. Even if it seems not so hot when you get it....imagine what they were selecting from. Best case....really nice gun, worst case, often a mechanically good gun that makes for a neat refinishing project.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Would you trust one as a carry gun if you had to? Guess that's my ultimate test.

Thank you for your reply.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    A buddy and I went in and ordered two of the Model 10s from Bud's a few years back. Neither of us had any complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Would you trust one as a carry gun if you had to? Guess that's my ultimate test.

Thank you for your reply.
    Absolutely; upon inspection and test firing. (Same as any new gun from anyone regardless of price)
    Last edited by JHC; 02-06-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Mine was pretty gnarly looking, but functions well. The price was right

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I bought a 3" Aussie police gun when Buds had those. Finish is rough, but that revolver is a laser beam with 158 grain lead ammo.

I would carry it without trepidation if I needed to.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I have two 4" M10s - one RB and one square butt. Both are reliable and very accurate with 158 grain ammo. The SB is my bride's HD gun and the RB is my CC when wearing a tuxedo during music performance jobs.

I picked up one from buds a few years ago best 220 bucks I spent. Mine had a little finish wear on the muzzle and bottom of the trigger gaurd but its been a great shooter and lots of fun. If I had to I would carry it.

User Tag List