Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Info/impressions on carrying a G-26

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    What are you carrying your G26 in? I'm currently using a JMCK AIWB 17 length and 34 length for a 19. The 17 works although it has the full wedhe which I don't like. The 34 is the "george" which is thin, but too damn long(unless I need to carry a 34...)

I'm tempted to order a 19 length George and pick up a 26 this summer.
    Great G26 concealment options I've been happy with include a Dark Star straight drop G17 clip holster, G19 and G17 FIST #1K canted for IWB, a G26 FIST #1K straight drop and a Smart Carry ordered for a G42, which actually really grips the G26 very snugly - used as an under the belt belly band. And the VG2 as well.

Waiting on a Dark Star Clip straight drop modified to carry a little lower; G19 sized.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I did some shooting of my new G4 26 today, at the end of my regular practice session. Turns out, while 147 is hitting higher, the regular HD sights are well regulated with Lawman 115 FMJ and Speer 124 +P Gold Dot.

The 26 is a delight to shoot, and for me, shoots better than the PPS M2 and 43 (and in that order).

Here is a short vid, showing how the 26 ejects out the brass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJijKv1s88g

Sent from my iPad
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I pocket carried a 26 for Five years. When I started carrying I was really paranoid about printing. With the CT LaserGuard inside a squared holster it looked like a tablet or small book in my pocket. It doesn't work in jeans or dress pants, but works fine in Cargo shorts or work type khakis. I practiced drawing and shooting plenty and could get a full grip on it. It can work, but I can see how it's not for a lot of people. The First pic is a few years ago and the second one is current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I did some shooting of my new G4 26 today, at the end of my regular practice session. Turns out, while 147 is hitting higher, the regular HD sights are well regulated with Lawman 115 FMJ and Speer 124 +P Gold Dot.

The 26 is a delight to shoot, and for me, shoots better than the PPS M2 and 43 (and in that order).

Here is a short vid, showing how the 26 ejects out the brass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJijKv1s88g

Sent from my iPad
    I'm so crazy about them. Re shootability - this run of D1 to a 8" plate at 12 yards https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You guys are really screwing with my single stack Glock 19 search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Good vids.

When I had the gen3 (twice), I used a Mr. Softy from Highnoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachained View Post
    I pocket carried a 26 for Five years. When I started carrying I was really paranoid about printing. With the CT LaserGuard inside a squared holster it looked like a tablet or small book in my pocket. It doesn't work in jeans or dress pants, but works fine in Cargo shorts or work type khakis. I practiced drawing and shooting plenty and could get a full grip on it. It can work, but I can see how it's not for a lot of people. The First pic is a few years ago and the second one is current.

Details on who made the holsters? I would love to get leather/fabric one that would accommodate an xc1.

The 26 is my favorite glock. I've got several 19's as well, but I just shoot that 26 like it was custom made for me. I carry it in a JMCK aiwb (amazing holster btw) and it is only marginally more concealable than the 19. I carry with a GAP base plate and 19 mags as backups. As others have said, you can scale it up on size, but not down. Very versatile, soft shooting and reliable pistol.

JHC, will you post an image of your dark star holster when you get it? I've spoken to Tom a few times, just haven't had the opportunity to try his holsters yet. I carry my 26 in models sized for the 19 as it gives me a 2 in 1 option.

Info/impressions on carrying a G-26

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Details on who made the holsters? I would love to get leather/fabric one that would accommodate an xc1.
    The top holster is an Uncle Mike's. I don't remember what size, but it fit the g26 with the LaserGuard perfectly. I used it for Four years until the grippy material on the outside wore off. The other is just an eBay holster.

Last edited by Appalachained; 02-16-2016 at 07:39 AM.

User Tag List