Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Info/impressions on carrying a G-26

Info/impressions on carrying a G-26

Backgound, I have carried and competed with a G-19 for over 13 years. Passed Tom Givens' Instructor class with it, local IDPA matches, ect .

My lifestyle being what it is now, I find myself carrying a LCP in pocket carry during the work week due to restrictions at work.

I am looking at G-26 as a easier to carry/stash 9mm. I understand that it will not be a pocket gun. I have shot my brother's G-26 once for around 20 rounds and was suitably impressed with it for sub-compact re. controlability and accuracy .

My question to the group is "Are there any weird things about the G-26 that make it totally different from G-19/G17s? I know that the recoil spring is different. I have lots of spare parts for Gen 2 and 3 G-19/G-17s. Will Ameriglo Defore sights send my G-26 rounds off into the stratosphere? Do "-" disconnectors work in them?

Give me your tired, your poor, the retched refuse of your G-26 experience and impressions.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

I've found that concealing a G26 is not much different that concealing a G19 and therefore have sold off my G26s. If I need more concealment than my G19 I go down to my Shield or my G43.

A 26 or 19, cut to s 26, is nice if you travel to ten round states.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

NO issues with things like trigger parts, the - connectors work just fine. I've installed numerous examples into G26s.

At my old job we had maybe 200 of them that were personally purchased for BUGs/off-duty guns. No issues noted. Yes, they can be harder to run, but I noted that many average officer shot their 26 to a slightly higher score than their G17 on the KS C-POST course.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

This is the single best G26 thread I recall round heyah. I'm guessing you missed it and might dig it.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Topic-Glock-26

If I were limited to but one Glock I think it would be a 26. Deep cover carry options abound.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-06-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Chuck's observations mirror mine with regards to people's score with G26s...for some reason they do seem to be higher.

Site Supporter
    My G2.5 G26 is now a safe queen and hasn't been out in years. It was bought soon after it was released in the mid '90s and served as a pocket gun in place of a M38 Bodyguard Airweight that was immediately banned by my work when we began the revolver to SA transition in the late '80s. It was doable as a pocket gun, but certainly not as pocketable as a airweight J-frame. When work changed the duty caliber to .40, I was issued a G22 and a G27 and the 26 went into the back of the cabinet. My dress habits off duty usually allow carry of a G22 or 23, so the 27 (now mine) only comes out for occasional practice and yearly qualification since .40 ammo is available at work.
    I finally got a state CWP so I could carry what I wanted off the clock and bought a new 442-2 for pocket carry.
    I have considered selling either the 26 or the 27, or even both, because I have 9mm and .40 full size and compact Glocks already and they work for most of my carry needs. If my work allowed BUGS, the G27 would get the first bid for that job.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I own a 26 and a 19. I find the 26 to be eminently shootable and, on my frame, conceals better than my 19 in the AIWB position. I carry it pretty often when it gets to T-shirt weather. That said, I also find it is far too big to be a workable pocket gun, unless we are talking heavy winter jacket pockets.

Site Supporter
    We have two G26s - always amazed at how well they shoot for small size. I am using +2 pads on the magazines so I can get a "full grip".

I owned a Glock 26, the 2.5 version that was made shortly after the G26 was introduced. At the time, it was considered one of the smallest 9mm's out there. I had bought a FIST kydex pocket holster for it. Pocket carry was do-able with large pocket cargo type shorts. But there were better options for pocket carry.

I sold my Glock 26 off last year as I really had not shot or carried it much in at least 5 years. For my lifestyle and manner of dress, if I were going to carry the Glock 26 in a belt holster, then I could as easily conceal the Glock 19, which I prefer.

As for shooting the Glock 26, Not that much difference than shooting the Glock 19 until you get to a reload. You just have to take care not to pinch your palm during the reload.

I owned for factory magazines for my Glock 26. Two were left stock, and two had the pearce extended base plates attached (not the ones that added capacity, just the ones with the finger rest). The extended base plate added a lot in drawing the gun. But when I was shooting, I really didn't notice a difference between the stock baseplate and the extended one. I have large hands, and if my pinky can not rest on the gun, I just curl it under the base plate.

I was playing around with a gen4 Glock 26 in a store and it really got me to missing my Glock 26. I was all set to take a road trip to the nearest blue label dealer and pick one up. Then I started reading that there're now reports of the GLock 26's suffering from BTF and other issues that until now, they seemed to have been immune to.

User Tag List