Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Info/impressions on carrying a G-26

I think if you can draw and shoot it one handed then go for it. I found it hard to get a quick and secure grip on. But I have medium hands. Agree with GAP, looks like a horizontal pager or cell phone, not a gun, IWB.
    Last edited by Isaac; 02-07-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks for the info folks, you have convinced me to start looking for one. It might take a while to find a good deal judging from the prices I am seeing.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

RE: Concealment

In the AIWB position, I find the shorter grip just barely allows me to use a holster with less tuck/wedge feature. This improves the overall concealability of the gun/holster combo more than the mere difference in grip length itself would suggest.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I find this baseplate to be a game change for my G27 - no additional printing, much better control, much more secure grip on the draw. Not associated with them but I am a big fan. I don't much care for any of the pinky extensions.

https://concealablecontrol.com

I tried that baseplate, it helped once in hand, but didnt help me with the draw. I wonder if this thread would get different answers if it were posted in the gun handling section. Maybe someone who's been thru ECQC, or has some done some testing with a blue gun G26 could chime in.

I found the tab to be useful in hooking my pinkie on the draw.

I am also fond of carrying a G27 with a 13 round compact magazine, a mag extender and the baseplate. In this configuration it hooks the outside of my pinkie for a very secure grip. Obviously some concealbility is lost but the short muzzle is nice especially for AIWB.

Count me as one of the people that finds the G26 far easier to conceal than even the G19. I keep a G26 as my "car gun" in a locked vault with two spare G17 mags, a traditional IWB holster, and two mag pouches. I've also been known to keep a couple of boxes of ball ammo in there in case I get a chance to shoot a match I hadn't considered.

The #1 lesson for me with the G26 is, as others have mentioned, getting a firing grip before starting the draw. For me, holster selection is everything in this, and I find the higher-ride to make things easier. The difficulty is that the short muzzle makes a higher-ride less stable, and if you're going to carry a G26 in a G19 or G17 holser (one of the accepted fixes for the instability) then you're approaching being better off with the G19 to begin with.

So, for me, the G26 really is a do-all since it lives in the truck and might even be used in a match. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably skip the G26 and go to the G43. As it is, I still intend to buy a G42 and a G43 as I can think of times I might prefer both over the G26. All, of course, very special snowflake, starbelly kinds of reasons. I'd be perfectly happy with nothing but a G19 and G26 if cost, storage, etc. were issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Count me as one of the people that finds the G26 far easier to conceal than even the G19.
    Are you using a 26 length holster or longer?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Great G26 concealment options I've been happy with include a Dark Star straight drop G17 clip holster, G19 and G17 FIST #1K canted, a G26 FIST #1K straight drop and a Smart Carry ordered for a G42, which actually really grips the G26 very snugly - used as an under the belt belly band. And the VG2.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Which is preferred...Gen 3 or 4

Don't know if it maters to anyone but the Gen 3 CT LG are 179 and Gen 4 are 214 at Amazon.
    Last edited by UNK; 02-08-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List