Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting package: the Cole Partnerships & ATEI M&P Hybrid

Interesting package: the Cole Partnerships & ATEI M&P Hybrid

Not going to lie, this is making me want a grip chopped glock yet more, but still a very cool product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dig it!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

This is a great concept. I am planning to do similar with my G19. Purchase a unity tactical 17 slide, lone wolf extended G19 barrel and one of the lone wolf dust cover extensions and I'll be able to swap slides between an iron sight 19 slide and RMRd 17 slide...should work well in theory.

They are pretty cool. Matt Cole has been working on these for quite a while. He is a buddy of mine and a great shooter.
    Last edited by dookie1481; 02-06-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Well now that looks retarded. You'll be shot dead by the time you get the barrel out of your waistband. I really don't get these increased sight radius, but better concealment concepts. Should be: digs into your side more efficiently, cant' eject mag as easily, more clumsy, and it doesn't conceal that much better. Longer guns are more uncomfortable IWB. Granted, my opinion. Close friend was involved in CCW shooting and swore off small grips like subcompacts, as he almost didn't get his weapon out during the struggle!

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Well now that looks retarded. You'll be shot dead by the time you get the barrel out of your waistband. I really don't get these increased sight radius, but better concealment concepts. Should be: digs into your side more efficiently, cant' eject mag as easily, more clumsy, and it doesn't conceal that much better. Longer guns are more uncomfortable IWB. Granted, my opinion. Close friend was involved in CCW shooting and swore off small grips like subcompacts, as he almost didn't get his weapon out during the struggle!
    How do you draw? Even those that don't use the press-out have enough vertical movement prior to rotating such that the slide length, within the realm of a carry gun, shouldn't matter. Not like G17 guys are complaining that they can't start punching the gun out soon enough.

The grip length can be an issue but it's surely a body type and holster type issue more so than a grip length issue, as well as whether or not it's wise to draw at that point anyway.

Cool idea, if I had an M&P that was worth a damn accuracy wise I'd maybe consider it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I dig it other than the RDS concept.

I like RDS pistols; I just seem to like them better on the shorter slides vs the longer. I prefer the way the dot works on a G19 better than a G17 for example.

For irons, I love the chopped down grip, full sized slide concept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G19xl ftw
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

... Bump ...

Quote Originally Posted by dookie1481 View Post
    They are pretty cool. Matt Cole has been working on these for quite a while. He is a buddy of mine and a great shooter.
    Any one know where I could get my hand on one of these? Tried contacting ATEI, no response, but the item wasn't listed on their site. The Cole side of things doesn't seem to exist any more.

That's a good question. There's a group doing a long slide for a shield…*but they are different.

User Tag List