Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Necropost

I’m going to use this drill with steel targets (A/C zone) at the requisite 10 yards. I will be adding this into a Department range day and/or class and in an effort to keep things safe I am removing the turn. I will also be preloading mags to between 6 and 11 rounds (I don’t want them anticipating a mag change at the 6th round which would normally be slide lock on the traditional drill). Plus, the preload was recommended by Hackathorn for modern pistols.

Officers will be doing this with Glock 17’s from 6360 holsters, and mag pouches with flaps. I’ve bought some LEO type morale patches to be given to the winner each day. My question is, given that we will be doing this in duty gear what are respectable times for the drill? Not that it really matters because the fastest will get the patch, just curious...
    15 Seconds is a minimum passing score. "No Slouch"

10 Seconds clean in duty gear is a "Crack Shot."

Under 6.5 seconds as an "Ace."

Under 5.5 Seconds receives the title of Gun Slinger.
    A71593

For USPSA Production class, a 10s run with 7A and 5C (50 pts) is a HF of 4, and that’s a C class score.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Awww man, your guys can turn and draw without muzzling each other?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Awww man, your guys can turn and draw without muzzling each other?
    I’m sure they can...I’m just minimizing the risk.

ETA: there are a few that scare the shit out of me. Not kidding.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 01-28-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Officers will be doing this with Glock 17’s from 6360 holsters, and mag pouches with flaps. I’ve bought some LEO type morale patches to be given to the winner each day. My question is, given that we will be doing this in duty gear what are respectable times for the drill? Not that it really matters because the fastest will get the patch, just curious...
    7 seconds with pretty good hits in the center is a solid run...

Necropost

I’m going to use this drill with steel targets (A/C zone) at the requisite 10 yards. I will be adding this into a Department range day and/or class and in an effort to keep things safe I am removing the turn. I will also be preloading mags to between 6 and 11 rounds (I don’t want them anticipating a mag change at the 6th round which would normally be slide lock on the traditional drill). Plus, the preload was recommended by Hackathorn for modern pistols.

I shot El Pres with Ken Hackathorn in class a few years ago. We used IPSC targets at 10 yards in the standard IDPA Classifier array: one flanker target with the head 6' off the ground, the center target with the head 4' off the ground, and the other flanker with the head 5' off the ground. His standard was a clean run. He said that 20 seconds was a passing score, 15 was good, and that 10 was very good. He also said that Cooper's original version of the drill had targets 3m apart, and is much harder.

The class was all civilians, so he might use different cutoffs for different orgs.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    7 seconds with pretty good hits in the center is a solid run...
    KeeFus, It'll be 7 seconds just for the reload.

For reference, this is the most recent El Presidente video from Hackathorn I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    KeeFus, It'll be 7 seconds just for the reload.
    I’m doing it Wednesday...we will see how it goes.

It's not a real life situation, it's a pistol drill. That video was painful to watch at times.

Interested to hear how it goes for you.
    Last edited by Peally; 01-29-2018 at 10:07 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List