Thread: Is Ranger Bonded sealed?

Is Ranger Bonded sealed?

Does anyone know if Ranger Bonded (I.E. PDX1 and Defend) is sealed at the neck or primer?

Perfect. Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

How can you tell if they are really sealed? Many of my boxes of Black Hills 68gr and 75gr .223 have red sealant visible around the primer, but many more boxes show no sealant. Same for my Speer 62gr .223 - many boxes show no visible primer sealant.

As for handgun ammo, I have read that HST has a sealed primer, but none of my boxes looks like the primers are sealed, while all my Speer 135gr .38's show visible primer sealant.

I'm not sure how much it really matters, but sealing the primers seems to be somewhat random. I would assume the same holds for the case mouth.

What I have noticed is that not all lots are the same, depending on the manufacturer. I figure some contracts may call for certain features, and others not - and if you order from folks that get the leftovers, you may get sealed primers, or lower flash powder, etc. I could be wrong when it comes to Olin, but I know Remington used to be this way for sure.

User Tag List