Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Defensive Handgun Techniques

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    snip...use your sights, make hits. Don't use your sights, miss. Questions?
    Well, fuck. I just spent all afternoon knocking the sights off all my pistols. Guess I'll put them back on

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    The hit rate in CQ armed encounters has been for many many years, and still is, less than 20%, which means that more than 4 out of every 5 bullets miss the target and go somewhere else.

And to me that clearly indicates that Sight Shooting which is taught to Police and civilians alike, is not or can not be used in real life or death CQ situations where there is the greatest chance of being shot and or killed.

Per the FBI, if you are going to be shot and or killed, there is an 80% chance that it will happen at less than 20 feet.

Also, Sight Shooting has been taught for 100+ years, but there are no pics or videos of it being used effectively in a CQ armed encounter. You would think there would be thousands of them, and some would be shown to all new shooters. I have never seen even one, in person or on the web. They are rarer than hen's teeth.

Doesn't mean Sight Shooting HAS NEVER BEEN used effectively in a CQ armed encounter by the millions of Police and civilians with guns over the past 100 years. Some people have even said that they have used it effectively. Could be they did, or thought they did, or they just got lucky. Whose to say otherwise.

Finally, and per the stats and studies of real CQ gunfights, might be a good idea to expend 10 rounds or so Point Shooting whenever you are at the range, or are dry firing with or without a gun at home, just in case that's what you will end up doing if you ever are in a real life or death CQ gunfight.

Here's a link to a recent article of mine titled:

Sight Shooting training (Traditional Marksmanship), sets up Police and civilians to be killed.
    http://www.pointshooting.com/1adallas.htm

The video of the recent shooting in Dallas was the reason for it.
    Here's a link to a recent article I wrote:

You're a moron peddling snake oil that could get people hurt or killed.

I honestly don't know why your derpy bullshit is permitted to stay on this forum.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I'm probably the only one who clicked on his article, but he says if the Dallas PD officer had used his PS method he wouldn't be dead. What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Is a shilltroll a thing? Trolling shill? 5shot deserves such a moniker for pimping his site in such a manner.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I'm probably the only one who clicked on his article, but he says if the Dallas PD officer had used his PS method he wouldn't be dead.
    I have officially moved my lever from "Annoyed" to "Why won't this numbnuts go play in traffic?"
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I have officially moved my lever from "Annoyed" to "Why won't this numbnuts go play in traffic?"
    Seconded !!!

Site Supporter
    If okie john doesn't use sighted fire I'm not going to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    If okie john doesn't use sighted fire I'm not going to either.
    I've seen his 25 yard groups. If he point shoots that shit I'm going to just quit now, sell all my guns, and buy a rape whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

I honestly don't know why your derpy bullshit is permitted to stay on this forum.
    I'm guessing that having seen a big pile of derp deposited on the living room carpet, the Owner/Admins here are going to let the OP get whacked on the snout with the rolled up newspaper of the Forum at large.

User Tag List