Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Injured/recovering carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Absolutely! I took a revolver class with Tom Givens years back and I remember him carrying and praising the usability of a 4" Model 12 Airweight. I was using a 4" 681, and told Tom, "This seemed so much better balanced when I carried it on a 2.25" belt on a holster with a steel shank." Tom told me to get the Airweight. I always wanted a Model 12, since that is what my Dad carried as a Naval Aviator in Vietnam. I guess the universe heard my wish, because I got one. And you are right...it is a DREAM to carry.

If S&W would produce a 3" version of this without the ILS, I would sell off some combat Tupperware and buy at least two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by deputyG23; 02-07-2016 at 12:56 PM.

While I've seen some unfortunate cases, a usual recovery from femoral arteriotomy is about 5-7 days. Unless I were particularly sensitive (and this could be the case after ablation ) I wouldn't hesitate to stick my appendix rig back there in one week. In fact, I wonder if mild external pressure would provide some additional protection.

As Wayne said, I hope that your ablation is trouble free.
    Last edited by YVK; 02-07-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    While I've seen some unfortunate cases, a usual recovery from femoral arteriotomy is about 5-7 days. Unless I were particularly sensitive (and this could be the case after ablation ) I wouldn't hesitate to stick my appendix rig back there in one week. In fact, I wonder if mild external pressure would provide some additional protection.

As Wayne said, I hope that your ablation is trouble free.
    I had my 2nd day back in the gym, today. I feel much better than before. I'm probably going to take it easy on leg day this week, but otherwise, I'm getting back to my old, OLD (pre-AFib) self. I still have a palpable cord on the left, but I feel normal on the right. So, back to AIWBing the MP this week.

BTDT. Carried two guns (Beretta and a J frame) on my left side. I kept the holster just in case...
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I had my 2nd day back in the gym, today. I feel much better than before. I'm probably going to take it easy on leg day this week, but otherwise, I'm getting back to my old, OLD (pre-AFib) self. I still have a palpable cord on the left, but I feel normal on the right. So, back to AIWBing the MP this week.

Dear Doctor House,

I do hope your recovery proceeds quickly, and you are back to being the proverbial picture of health.

I attended your lecture on "magic white rocks" at Caleb Causey's medical conference, and learned a great deal. I look forward to listening to you speak again in the future.

The other point of this method is that the strip is essentially bilaterally symmetrical; it's the same regardless of which direction you grasp it. That way, there is no familiarity needed for odd orientations.
    Okay, I'll buy that… but that works the same way when the strip is fully "loaded".

I remember, now, Gomez and I discussed this the last time I saw him; which was perhaps a year before he passed. He mentioned the 'empty space', saying that was where your index finger should go.

And I showed him that your index finger can go anywhere in between then cartridges you want it to. Yes, sometimes you can dislodge a cartridge. And sometimes you don't. But again, I never experienced any loss of control of the device.

And I cannot recall ever losing any rounds out of one when pocket-carried with all six spots filled… and I carried one or two loose in a pocket every off-duty day for many, many years.

So… different strokes, different experiences. Thanks for the detailed response.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Dear Doctor House,

I do hope your recovery proceeds quickly, and you are back to being the proverbial picture of health.

I attended your lecture on "magic white rocks" at Caleb Causey's medical conference, and learned a great deal. I look forward to listening to you speak again in the future.
    Thank you, and I'm glad you enjoyed the lecture. That is a fun conference to present at.

User Tag List