Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A British cop's experience with the Detroit PD

Link to the article: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...eets/78913254/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Obviously skewed since he didn't ride around with me or else it would have been to the tune of "these American blokes are crazy."
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Or you can click the text in the first post
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    There were 537 homicides in England last year, according to the Office for National Statistics.
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that in the UK a death is not ruled a homicide until there is a successful prosecution.
    Comparing England (or UK) murder rates with the US: More complex than you thought
    Since 1967, homicide figures for England and Wales have been adjusted to exclude any cases which do not result in conviction
    I'm always skeptical when I hear how peaceful the UK is compared to the wild west USA.

Site Supporter
    And there wouldn’t be the kind of shortage of police officers you see in Detroit because of the way police are funded. Here, towns and cities pay for their own police; in the U.K., police are funded centrally by the government. So my tax pounds in London pay for police in Nottingham. The money is spread equally.
    Yep, and here that would result in Detroit paying for police in Gillett Arkansas. Gillett would no doubt have a larger police force, but so far they seem to do well with what they have. Of course, that larger force in Gillett would come at the expense of the DPD.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Or you can click the text in the first post
    Weird. It doesn't link for me. I don't know if it's a Tapatalk issue. I just thought you forgot to post the link

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Interesting read. Thanks LL
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Weird. It doesn't link for me. I don't know if it's a Tapatalk issue. I just thought you forgot to post the link

Yup. No link in Tapatalk in the original post for me either. Good read though.

Curse you, Howdy Dong!
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List