Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to Win

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I am not easily offended. They are funny as hell and don't take themselves too seriously. Some serious talent hangs out there. Good info you can't get elsewhere, including Benos. It is an interesting social experiment in self-moderation.
    I skim it once a month or so. They have a fixation with this place. It's more than a little odd but I've learned never to underestimate how catty grown men can be. Hopefully, I'll meet a few of them in person this year since it looks like I will be able to shoot more USPSA.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 02-15-2016 at 07:25 PM.
    #RESIST

As with any forum there are the drama queens and morons, but I think there's more crossover than anyone wants to admit. Lots of double agents floating around.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    As with any forum there are the drama queens and morons, but I think there's more crossover than anyone wants to admit. Lots of double agents floating around.
    QFT! Trying to connect the dots on dual-users is a fun pastime.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    QFT! Trying to connect the dots on dual-users is a fun pastime.
    It took me forever to figure out eBag was your troll account.

LOL.

Oh, wait.....
    Last edited by taadski; 02-16-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post

LOL.

Oh, wait.....
    Yeah, har har har. I have no troll accounts at present. They all when down with the ship on Doodie 1.0. That was a sad day. I had some good ones.

---

The subject of cattiness: I think there's plenty of cattiness to go around in most corners of the shooting world. When we look at the sub-part of competition people being catty, I think a lot of that is because the competition world is composed of hard numbers on accuracy, time, and publicly-reviewable match placement and classifier records. Lots of people in general make authoritative but nebulous statements from positions of unverifiable experience, and lots of other people simply make up a bunch of unsupported garbage. Put all that together, and lies, embellishments, and misrememberings about accuracy, time, match placement, or classification are often easy to discern and clearly refute. That's talking generally, but I think that's a big part of the root of one specific type of cattiness in the shooting world. Imagine if the all internet claims were as easy to support or refute as those that stem from competition! The internet would collapse with so many claims crashing down.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post

Are you sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    I'm sure it's not you if that's what you're inferring.

Some day I want to grow up and be "catty".

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Yup. No fucks to give on behalf of the shitty mods at PF
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Yeah, har har har. I have no troll accounts at present. They all when down with the ship on Doodie 1.0. That was a sad day. I had some good ones.

---

The subject of cattiness: I think there's plenty of cattiness to go around in most corners of the shooting world. When we look at the sub-part of competition people being catty, I think a lot of that is because the competition world is composed of hard numbers on accuracy, time, and publicly-reviewable match placement and classifier records. Lots of people in general make authoritative but nebulous statements from positions of unverifiable experience, and lots of other people simply make up a bunch of unsupported garbage. Put all that together, and lies, embellishments, and misrememberings about accuracy, time, match placement, or classification are often easy to discern and clearly refute. That's talking generally, but I think that's a big part of the root of one specific type of cattiness in the shooting world. Imagine if the all internet claims were as easy to support or refute as those that stem from competition! The internet would collapse with so many claims crashing down.
    I think the cattiness is not limited to the competitive shooting world nor the shooting world in general but rather a general online thing. Doodie is an interesting forum, it reminds me a lot of Gabe Saurez's WarriorTalk in that it's basically a marketing machine (not that there is anything wrong with that). The obsession over PF is odd but I suppose it gives them something to do. However, I think they got their forums mixed up with regards to tactical Timmy stuff (M4C) but all publicity is good publicity

Hopefully, I'll meet some Doodiers during this years USPSA season.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think the cattiness is not limited to the competitive shooting world nor the shooting world in general but rather a general online thing. Doodie is an interesting forum, it reminds me a lot of Gabe Saurez's WarriorTalk in that it's basically a marketing machine (not that there is anything wrong with that). The obsession over PF is odd but I suppose it gives them something to do. However, I think they got their forums mixed up with regards to tactical Timmy stuff (M4C) but all publicity is good publicity

Hopefully, I'll meet some Doodiers during this years USPSA season.
    I haven't been on WarriorTalk in so long that I really don't know what it's like there now. I guess I see what you mean about a lot of people on Doodie being all over Ben's materials and things sold in his pro shop, but I've seen plenty of people there take loving and unloving shots at him too. My perception of the fixation on PF is that it is a direct result of bannings stemming from a discussion here, right before the first Doodie forum was founded and populated by those same banned people. I'd agree that M4C is even more Timmy than here, but we wear the mantle too. And proudly.

That's great you are going to get to some USPSA matches this year - I can't wait to hear about it! And I hope you meet all kinds of cool people. The Doodie guys I have met in person are some of my most favorite people to shoot matches with. Generally they are incisive and independent thinkers with a slightly warped sense of humor. My kind of people. Though surely that can't be everyone on Doodie, and the ones who are, you might not always be able to tell that about them from their forum posts.
    Lord of the Food Court

User Tag List