Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALG-6,Second Mount on GEN 4

ALG-6,Second Mount on GEN 4

ALG markets the 6, second mount for the Gen 3 Glocks. Could someone provide information on why it will not function of the gen 4 and if any minor modifications could resolve the problems for use on the Gen 4. Thanks for your input and direction.

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    ALG markets the 6, second mount for the Gen 3 Glocks. Could someone provide information on why it will not function of the gen 4 and if any minor modifications could resolve the problems for use on the Gen 4. Thanks for your input and direction.
    Keep digging to confirm but I'm 99.9% sure I saw a discussion where someone got confirmation from the manufacturer Gen did not really matter. Could have been on the eternal RDS on pistols thread at Lightfighter.net.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I mounted one to a gen 4 at my last job. It works

Site Supporter
    There is a staff member at one of our local shooting ranges who has an ALG mount / H-1 on a Gen 4 17. He said it installed with no modification.

I've also seen one installed on a Gen 3 G20SF.

I installed one on a Gen 4 G17, installed without issue.

I emailed them in November asking that very question. Charlie from ALG responded and said they work on Gen 4 guns just fine. I've had one on a Gen 4 G17 for a few months now with no issues.

Thank you everyone for your response, ordered needed parts from Brownells. If the wife only had any idea of how expensive accessories cost....

Mrs.'s HD update - mock up
    Glock 17 Gen4

* Still need to add/do:
    - Trijicon RMR RM07
    - Magwell
    - Reprofile/Texture grip-frame

Last edited by SPDGG; 02-03-2016 at 07:47 PM.

So I installed the ALG mount W/T-1 4MOA Aimpoint. The installation was not without incident fortunately for me I did my shopping with a NO FUALT dealer ( wrong screw in flash shield ).After receiving replacement mount it was a pretty straight forward installation only trouble was removing trigger pin. Range results left me with a big smile. I changed out the barrel with Alpha Wolf threaded one, at the range the thread cover kept becoming loose would it be ok to add a small amount of never-seize or teflon tape to prevent this ?Attachment 5928

So I installed the ALG mount W/T-1 4MOA Aimpoint. The installation was not without incident fortunately for me I did my shopping with a NO FUALT dealer ( wrong screw in flash shield ).After receiving replacement mount it was a pretty straight forward installation only trouble was removing trigger pin. Range results left me with a big smile. I changed out the barrel with Alpha Wolf threaded one, at the range the thread cover kept becoming loose would it be ok to add a small amount of never-seize or teflon tape to prevent this ?Attachment 5928
    I have three threaded pistol bbls. All of the thread protectors will start coming off just by racking the slide. I just remove them when I am shooting. I use them to protect the threads when the guns are stored or transported.

User Tag List