Thread: Revolver ancillary equipment...

Revolver ancillary equipment...

Amazing what I've amassed over 21 years. When guys at work used to switch over from round guns to semiauto pistols, I'd inherit their box of stuff. I've traded and given some away to guys still working, and have a bunch of it, still. As far as what I actually, "use," though, I'm a fan of both Bianchi and Tuff Products Speed Strips, and Ready Tactical speed loader carriers, and either Austrian Jetloaders or Safariland Comp I's and II's. It's interesting that revolvers have been just as susceptible to fads and gadgets, no different that non-revolving pistols. (Not the actual, "gadget," though).

Everything else is nostalgia or inheritance for my Son. Or writing fodder for REVOLVER SCIENCE. I still have my duty belt rig (it still fits, thankfully) and I've always wanted to use it at IDPA, but never have. I think I'll make that a project this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat pic. I still have a Bianchi Pistol Pocket for a 4" K-frame I used for off-duty carry of my then-issue Security Six. Wish I still had the Ruger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I call dibs on any jet loaders that may be for sale.....and that kydex belt thing that holds six rounds...
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Nice spread! Who made the leather cartridge holder in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I call dibs on any jet loaders that may be for sale.....and that kydex belt thing that holds six rounds...
    That's a prototype pocket holder that I worked up with a local kydex friend to be able to, "shoot two/load two," out of a pocket. It works ok, but I have an idea for V2.0 and if it works better, I'd be glad to point you to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpnav View Post
    Nice spread! Who made the leather cartridge holder in the back?
    Kirkpatrick Leather...I have .44 Specials jammed in it. I got it from Ole Larry Potterfield at Midway USA. It's ok, but it's not the highest grade leather. It is also (conjecture here) maybe faux leather in the loops, to supposedly cut down on verdigris formation. I always thought that was kind of hokey, since if you're a serious revolver guy, you should inspect your ammo regularly for that kind of thing. Sorta how some boutique knife makers won't use stainless for life safety blades...they want you to look at that thing and make sure it's GTG on a regular basis. Firemanship, you know?

Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 02-02-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Neat pic. I still have a Bianchi Pistol Pocket for a 4" K-frame I used for off-duty carry of my then-issue Security Six. Wish I still had the Ruger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I hear you! I have my dearly departed partner's Security Six, and also an odd .38 Police Service Six, and I adore them. They are like mini-RedHawks, and despite being outside the window of commonly thought, "+P rated," guns, I have little doubt they would handle full house Buffalo Bore Caddy Stoppers and come back for more.

Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 02-02-2016 at 09:38 PM.

What is the round leather ??? little left of center, between the kydex 2+2+2 holder and the CCW moon clip holders?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    What is the round leather ??? little left of center, between the kydex 2+2+2 holder and the CCW moon clip holders?
    THAT is Grant Cunningham's speed loader carrier for the J frame, made by CROSSBREED. I didn't like it at first. I took it to my lab and beveled all of the 90 degree edges on the kydex portion. That made it MUCH more comfortable. I can actually wear it now. It's a good concept. I haven't decided if it's for me yet, though.

Thanks, I was way off.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List