Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Looking for a good EDC flashlight

I carry a very simple light every day. LED Maglite Silhouette. Easy on and off. Ruggedly built. 1 AAA battery. Depending on how I use it battery lasts about 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

so as not to keep hijacking the Surefire Stilleto thread, I moved my comment over here

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    For small EDC light chores, I recently picked up a Streamlight Microstream USB light. VERY small in the pocket, two modes (100 or 250 lumen) and built in micro usb charger. The black finished light defaults to 100 lumen and goes to 250 with the double tap. Coyote finish light defaults to 250 and goes to 100 lumen with the double tap. For under $30 bucks you cant beat it. I throw it on the charger about every 3 weeks. Output is full power for about 20-30 min, then slowly begins to taper off for about 2 more hours. And if you lose it, it was under $30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Amazon links because:IMTJ

Black: https://amzn.to/2DxeDHb

Coyote: https://amzn.to/2DfdP9e
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’ve had a couple of the non-rechargeable versions of this, and the larger rechargeable version, for quite some time, and still can’t find anything wrong with any of them.

I want to like the stiletto, but this post really strikes home for me.
    Two days after I posted the above, I found myself in the Gaylord Palms hotel, doing a christmas scavenger hunt with the wife and kids, shining my AAA Streamlight here and there, when it shit the bed. No big deal, we just went to phone lights, but the battery dying was annoying, and upon returning home I seemed to have lost the damn light. Given that we were at a hotel getting a spare battery was going to be a pain, and of course all of the spares I usually carry were used up somewhere else. I did have the (2)AAA version of the light in my backpack so once back and the room I wasn't lightless, but it did occur to me that having a rechargeable light would have been a good thing here.

I ordered one each of the brown and black. I definitely prefer the non-tacticalness of the black one in terms of low first, high second.
    Last edited by rob_s; 12-03-2018 at 05:40 AM.

I carry a Maglight Led Solitaire. AAA battery. Focusable. 12 -15 bucks. Light use every day. Battery last a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    so as not to keep hijacking the Surefire Stilleto thread, I moved my comment over here

Two days after I posted the above, I found myself in the Gaylord Palms hotel, doing a christmas scavenger hunt with the wife and kids, shining my AAA Streamlight here and there, when it shit the bed. No big deal, we just went to phone lights, but the battery dying was annoying, and upon returning home I seemed to have lost the damn light. Given that we were at a hotel getting a spare battery was going to be a pain, and of course all of the spares I usually carry were used up somewhere else. I did have the (2)AAA version of the light in my backpack so once back and the room I wasn't lightless, but it did occur to me that having a rechargeable light would have been a good thing here.

I ordered one each of the brown and black. I definitely prefer the non-tacticalness of the black one in terms of low first, high second.
    I have a black one. I like it a lot. Will give a bunch at Xmas....

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    This seemed like a perfect edc light and I almost got it. However, I got worried the size would be a little too big. The eb1 is already a big step up in size compared to the stuff I’ve been carrying. If I adjust to the eb1 I see the edcl1t in my future. The user interface seems absolutely perfect.
    I tried out the eb1 and didn’t like the beam or how it carried in the pocket. I got the edcl1-t and it’s been a great light. The gas pedal switch is both amazing and annoying. Most of the time it’s amazing. But every once in awhile I wish it was a clicky.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List