Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good EDC flashlight

More props for the Streamlight Microstream C4. I have a number of issued and personally purchased Surefires that are great lights, but for urban EDC--especially pocket carry--this thing is hard to beat for size/weight efficiency with a readily available battery (it weighs just over an ounce with battery), and throws much better than you would expect. Sounds like the OP is looking for something bigger, but for others pondering a pocket light, this is an easy buy at the price.

FourSevens, all the way.

I don't see what my Surefire gives me that my FourSevens (technically a 4Sevens, it's older) doesn't....while my 4Sevens has a whole lot more programming capability. It's easily the most versatile light I've ever seen, and does just as a good a job as a tactical light or utility light as any dedicated tac or utility light I've seen.

The CR123 Quark is the perfect size, too......though I understand your reasons for a AA.

As for Streamlight, I've owned two of their products and wouldn't hesitate to buy their stuff.
    Last edited by TGS; 02-02-2016 at 08:05 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I have a MicroStream at work. I like it for a work light as I can clip it to my hat. For something to carry, I am hoping for something brighter. Not face melting bright, but more than the MicroStream brings.

I've tried to keep most of my shit either AAA or CR123 so my business light is the micro and my "everything else" is the ProTac model that takes 2 123s.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I have a MicroStream at work. I like it for a work light as I can clip it to my hat. For something to carry, I am hoping for something brighter. Not face melting bright, but more than the MicroStream brings.
    That Stylus Pro is basically the same light stretched to take two batteries, and with a lot more lumens
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    I am not sure that there is a whole lot still made in the USA anymore, but I have had good luck with Quark FourSevens, they have recently revamped their lineup.
    There are a fair number of high quality flashlight companies in the USA. Elzetta, HDS Systems, Malkoff, Oveready/Torchlab, Peak LED, Surefire, and I think even Maglite make lights in the USA. This excludes several smaller custom/semi-custom manufacturers.
    Last edited by joshs; 02-02-2016 at 08:38 PM.

I like my streamlight pro tac 2aa and 2l the 2aa is a little long which depending on how you dress could be good or bad. It sticks out of your pocket a bit more making it easy to grab but if you are more of a suit or slacks kind of guy that my not be desirable. The 2l fits better down in a pocket but is still a nice size. However I am thinking of trying out a surefire titan ultra it seems like a lot of light from a tinny package.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I've got a couple Surefire G2 sized lights that are in the home and the vehicles, but I'd like something smaller that I can clip in a pocket and carry with me.

I'd really like a light that runs on 2 AA batteries as opposed to the CR123's. So much easier to readily source AA's.
    Mini-Mags are pretty old school, but why not? AAs, pocket clip, you can get LED and tail cap conversions, too.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I was going to recommend the Streamlight microstream as well but just saw you wanted something more than that. What about the Surefire Titan Plus? I haven't used it but it says its got a 300 lumen high mode according to the amazon stats and its a rechargeable AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    I was going to recommend the Streamlight microstream as well but just saw you wanted something more than that. What about the Surefire Titan Plus? I haven't used it but it says its got a 300 lumen high mode according to the amazon stats and its a rechargeable AAA.
    I honestly thought the Surefire Titan Plus might be a little smaller that I was looking for. I couldn't tell if it came with a clip either, which is something I really want. Maybe I should give it a second look.

Eta: I'm a derping idiot. I just rechecked. It does have a clip. Good grief I should do a better job looking at pictures as well as reading spec sheets. They said it was a keychain light so I assumed no clip.
    Last edited by Jared; 02-02-2016 at 09:47 PM.

User Tag List