Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should be the face of the NRA?

The first thing NRA would need to decide is, is it going to have one "face", or several? And who is this face going to be speaking to, and what is the purpose?
    Recruiting folks who already support 2A rights to join? We already know there are hordes of Threepers out there convinced that NRA is an anti-2A organization.
    Changing the minds of those who think NRA members are all knuckle-dragging, sheet-wearing, militia rednecks? They call Colion Noir and Ken Blanchard Uncle Tom, so...
    Convincing those who claim that they "support the 2A, but..."? that, in fact, they are only fooling themselves? I dunno. Maybe after they've been mugged...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Dave Kopel is a great idea. Intelligent and doesn't have the deer in the headlights look. I met him a few years ago. He took Gary Mauser and myself out to shoot near Boulder. He is very impressive and knowledgeable. In any factual debate, he could take antis like Obama and Clinton apart.

That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    ... In any factual debate, ....
    Antis don't generally engage in factual debates.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Beg to differ, they will quote suspect studies and statistics. They sound scientific and factual. Seen it and been there. A person entering such a debate has to have the skills and appropriate research and legal facts to refute these.

Colion Noir has done some good stuff for the NRA on social media.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Don't really get what we're talking about. Loetsch (who I am in violent agreement with), Noir, and Golob (the nice one) are already spokespeople for the NRA - its 'face.' Are we suggesting that only one of them should be representing the NRA? Or that WLP should leave the talking to them, or one of them?
    Ignore Alien Orders

I'd like to suggest Rachel Baird.

Strong constitutional advocate, tall blonde attorney. Has a TV studio in house http://amnewsnetwork.com/ and Ed Peruta (of Peruta v. San Diego) is her investigator.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 02-03-2016 at 04:24 PM. Reason: embedded video

I will think I should be the face of the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I will think I should be the face of the NRA.
    I am Spartacus!

User Tag List