Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: HK "gamer" gun for USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    [...]
    I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, and maybe this has already been stated in this thread, but was it Matt you said had something to say about the platform not running faster than ~.23 in splits? Ironically, CCT125US completely unprovoked mentioned to me the other day that his splits are capped at around that range.

eta

The conclusion being, I'm hearing it enough now that I'm starting to think modern HK hammer fired 9mms (USP, P2000, P30) are indeed very hard to shoot any faster than that.
    Last edited by GRV; 02-03-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, and maybe this has already been stated in this thread, but was it Matt you said had something to say about the platform not running faster than ~.23 in splits? Ironically, CCT125US completely unprovoked mentioned to me the other day that his splits are capped at around that range.

eta

The conclusion being, I'm hearing it enough now that I'm starting to think modern HK hammer fired 9mms (USP, P2000, P30) are indeed very hard to shoot any faster than that.
    Todd used to shoot his P30 quite a bit faster than that. LEM and all.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post

eta

I'm pretty sure that was Bruce who mentioned .22-.23 as the edge of USP stability but I'll try to track down his blog /forum post where he mentions that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    The instability at speed issue was supposedly with the dual recoil spring guns that are apparently well known for the obnoxious figure 8 muzzle movement, not the pistols like the P30 with the plastic buffer. I know folks here run those in the mid to high teens.

Also, I say supposedly, because I definitely have this problem with the USP but not the p2000sk, which also has an unfortunate case of "twins".

This is why it's usually best for me to keep my mouth shut. It was Bruce's USP thing I was thinking about then. You'll have to forgive me, to me HK has made two 9mm pistols as of 1980-something: the P7 series, and all those other things. For a guy that wears an HK hat, I'm really uneducated on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Yea...I had a feeling you were going to show up saying that

I'm a bit surprised that everyone on this thread seems fixated on the hammer-fired HKs-Why not a VP40 or VP9 for USPSA? I's think that the VP40 would be a bit of a natural for it....

Best, Jon'm
    Last edited by JonInWA; 02-06-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that everyone on this thread seems fixated on the hammer-fired HKs-Why not a VP40 or VP9 for USPSA? I's think that the VP40 would be a bit of a natural for it....

Best, Jon'm
    I could carry one of my HK's with a different serial number every day of the week and none are hammer fired.

My P30 has seen .15's more than once
    Last edited by Luke; 02-06-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    i used to wannabe

When I was shooting my P2000/P30 LEMs consistently, I was averaging sub-.2 splits. I could get down to .15, but my groups got sloppier than I was willing to accept at that speed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Is that where the scoring just totals alphas with time being used just to break alpha ties?
    Just so there is not confusion - the HK USP Combat Competition model:

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Heckl...l-9mm-p999.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    M in Limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ...shooting 9mm minor, with a stock Glock, concealed AIWB...
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just to add some more detail, Gabe is a 90.78 in Limited, shooting a Glock, minor, from concealment.
    Mr_White is a bad mofo.

User Tag List