Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HK "gamer" gun for USPSA

Jody, parsing the various posts, I think the pending question is, did you actually make A class in USPSA, shooting a LEM trigger?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I would love to see, with my own eyes, somebody to shoot a USPSA classifier at A class percentage with LEM. Or at least produce a record of that ever happening.
    I wish these challenges came out a little closer to the weekend
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    For a "gamer H&K" that's still close to a V2 LEM, a V2 P30L .40 with a nickel plated flat spring, good sights and some +4 Taylor Freelance magazine baseplates.
    That'll get you in the ballpark (I made A in Limited with that exact setup, shooting from concealed).
    My laziness when it comes to stage planning and walk-thu's hurt me more in USPSA than the H&K or shooting from concealment did.
    That and I refuse to wear lycra... that right there cost me several points per stage.

A74752. Yeah, help a brother out. I'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post
    I would think that with equal time spent on a DA/SA platform and that of an LEM platform that you would have similar results with all "indians" being equal. What makes the DA/SA faster? The shorter trigger pull and reset in SA mode? The only part I could think of for myself would be easier trigger management in SA mode for low percentage shots because less thought and effort are placed on manipulating it correctly. At 10yds and in I do not see a difference in performance and even less so if running a USP LEM or some match hybrid LEM.

My IDPA experience is limited to G34 so excuse my ignorance if I'm off base.
    The length of time it takes to reset and pull the trigger. The more length of travel you have before the gun goes off, the more likely it is the sights will move off target as you pull the trigger. That's why race guys like 1911 triggers that move 1/8" at 3#. You touch it and it goes off, so the sights never have a chance to move. For people who don't come all the way off the trigger, the less finger travel you have the quicker your time will be.

Same with the DA shot & LEM. I learned to just pull through everything and get to the wall or stage the trigger as close as I could to the break and it allowed me to get the speed I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    I wish these challenges came out a little closer to the weekend
    Not really a challenge, just curious. I've stuck with LEM for over two years for USPSA and it's been my predominant system since late '11. I don't shoot much USPSA and I am simply not good but still, I am just a C after what I've put in, dry fire and such. I don't know anyone who has done much better, yet this thread is full of assertions how LEM can support just about any level of achievement. I would like to see a factual confirmation, if anything, for my piece of mind. What I don't care to see is people who don't shoot LEM or haven't done much better than I with it tell me how capable it is, although it is possible that I suck more than I think I do
    Last edited by YVK; 02-01-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    There are plenty of C class shooters that shoot at "A class speed".
    As a C class Production shooter, don't I know it. I can hang with the As and Bs on speed or accuracy, but not both; in order to be as accurate, I have to slow down, and if I go at their speed or close to it, I end up with way more charlies, deltas, and mikes than I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    For the first year or two of competition, you will be your biggest handicap, not your gun. Concentrate on wringing every last bit of performance out of yourself. You'll be surprised with what you can accomplish with a P2000 LEM.
    All kinds of this. While I'm really jonesing for a full size P99, and I feel like it would give me some advantages over my P99c, I know that I have not hit a performance ceiling because of the gun. It might be easier to make B if I moved up to a bigger gun, but I'm sure it's doable with my current hardware, and in regard to the OP, I'd argue that the P2K's trigger is probably less of a handicap than my P99c's G26-sized grip. Might as well get out and shoot for a season, get a feel for it, and then evaluate whether different hardware is necessary. Of course, as you say, if the OP is just looking for a reason to buy a new gun, then as others have said, P30L or VP9 (or possibly Walther PPQ M1) would maintain similar manual of arms.

Site Supporter
    Not really a challenge, just curious. I've stuck with LEM for over two years for USPSA and it's been my predominant system since late '11. I don't shoot much USPSA and I am simply not good but still, I am just a C after what I've put in, dry fire and such. I don't know anyone who has done much better, yet this thread is full of assertions how LEM can support just about any level of achievement. I would like to see a factual confirmation, if anything, for my piece of mind. What I don't care to see is people who don't shoot LEM or haven't done much better than I with it tell me how capable it is, although it is possible that I suck more than I think I do
    It's definitely less forgiving of errors than a light single action trigger system, but I don't think it is an impediment to being competitive. I regularly won Production at local USPSA matches against other A and M shooters using a P30 LEM I also won a FAST coin with the same gun.

Your achievements with it and Vinh getting an advanced at Rogers are two facts that kept my belief. That, and my obstinate timmitus.
    Then again, neither of you are shooting it anymore
    Last edited by YVK; 02-01-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Is there an argument being made that lighter triggers are not easier to shoot? It gets muddled when it's said "I ranked this with X or so and so ranked that with Y."
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I shot an LEM for years as a carry gun and it's what I was carrying when I started competing... FWIW I did shoot a P2000 in a 3 Gun match and I won my Division and was 5th or 6th overall; and I shot another 3 gun match with a P30L lem and I won two stages. One was pistol only, the other was a goofy "team" pistol shotgun stage. I don't think the LEM is ideal for competition but I also don't know, if given the time to get acclimated, I would be "that" much worse off personally.
    A71593

User Tag List