Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HK "gamer" gun for USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    If you cannot run a LEM trigger at A class speed... it's because you suck and H&K hates you.

There are plenty of C class shooters that shoot at "A class speed".

I have to echo the sentiment that you can make GM with an H&K. If you are capable of .25 splits and transitions, a 1 sec draw, and 1.5 sec reloads at 10 yards while hitting the A zone the majority of the time, you can make GM with anything.

If you are talking about pushing the envelope though and driving down to the .13-.15 range on splits/transitions and under 1 second shot to shot on reloads while keeping shots in the A zone at 7-10 yards, you may start to find the trigger and gun to be limiting. If you were at this level though you'd be competitive for a top 10 finish nationally, so I'd wager you have a long way to go before your equipment holds you back.

If you cannot run a LEM trigger at A class speed... it's because you suck and H&K hates you.
    I would love to see, with my own eyes, somebody to shoot a USPSA classifier at A class percentage with LEM. Or at least produce a record of that ever happening.
    Last edited by YVK; 02-01-2016 at 02:46 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I would love to see, with my own eyes, somebody to shoot a USPSA classifier at A class percentage with LEM. Or at least produce a record of that ever happening.
    Challenge accepted, someone post a video
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I would love to see somebody to shoot a USPSA classifier at A class percentage with LEM. Or at least produce a record of that ever happening.
    .21 "A zone" splits at 7-10 yards consistently and a decent draw/reload (1.5 sec for each) gets you easily into very high B low A classifier percentages, all of those are pretty easy to accomplish with a LEM.
    As far as stages go, it's all about the stage planning and efficient movement not your splits.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I would think that with equal time spent on a DA/SA platform and that of an LEM platform that you would have similar results with all "indians" being equal. What makes the DA/SA faster? The shorter trigger pull and reset in SA mode? The only part I could think of for myself would be easier trigger management in SA mode for low percentage shots because less thought and effort are placed on manipulating it correctly. At 10yds and in I do not see a difference in performance and even less so if running a USP LEM or some match hybrid LEM.

My IDPA experience is limited to G34 so excuse my ignorance if I'm off base.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    +1 on the VP9 with Dawson sights. They make a nice set of competition tritiums, though I suspect the gamers go FO.

+0.5 on the ultra match spring set. There are two springs included in the kit, and the match sear spring is great, but the trigger return spring being too slow/sluggish to reset is a common enough complaint with the match version. I ended up going back to stock, but ymmv. While you're digging around inside the sear assembly, a couple minutes of polishing would not go amiss.

New striker assembly? Interesting. From my limited understanding of VP9 function, the striker is simply released (not tensioned by the trigger pull) so I'm curious to hear how this might affect trigger feel/ weight.
    I definitely prefer the FO Dawsons. I detest a thick front sight and notch, and tritium sights can't get narrow enough for my tastes due to the vial.

Re: the ultra match TRS. It's definitely not too slow, though it is not as positive as some prefer. I don't ride the reset, so how strong the reset is doesn't matter to me as long as it is ready to fire by the time I am. For reference, when I say not too slow, I'm referring to comfortable .11-.18 splits on easy targets depending on how tense I am.

The striker assembly drops trigger pull by 1-2lb.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    There are plenty of C class shooters that shoot at "A class speed".
    So, so true. A local guy just made B, and has started going nearly as fast as me on uncomplicated stages. I'm impressed until we start scoring. The good thing about that for him is that he has done good work on figuring out how to move quickly through a stage, now he needs to learn how to make good points while doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    I have to echo the sentiment that you can make GM with an H&K. If you are capable of .25 splits and transitions, a 1 sec draw, and 1.5 sec reloads at 10 yards while hitting the A zone the majority of the time, you can make GM with anything.

If you are talking about pushing the envelope though and driving down to the .13-.15 range on splits/transitions and under 1 second shot to shot on reloads while keeping shots in the A zone at 7-10 yards, you may start to find the trigger and gun to be limiting. If you were at this level though you'd be competitive for a top 10 finish nationally, so I'd wager you have a long way to go before your equipment holds you back.
    I'd say that if someone is capable of the bolded numbers consistently in a major match setting without making mistakes, they have a shot at top 16 at production nationals. The majors I've won weren't decided by who had the most baller reloads/splits/transitions. I'd even venture to say the guys I beat probably have faster peak reloads/splits/transitions, they just didn't execute them quite as consistently as required.

I don't have much experience with DA/SA HK's, but regarding the VP9, I can tell you neither the gun nor the trigger is limiting at the faster times you mentioned.

Loan me your P30 while I'm in Utah and I'll see what I can do.

.21 "A zone" splits at 7-10 yards consistently and a decent draw/reload (1.5 sec for each) gets you easily into very high B low A classifier percentages, all of those are pretty easy to accomplish with a LEM.
    As far as stages go, it's all about the stage planning and efficient movement not your splits.
    It is all theoretical considerations, Jody. I personally achieved some of those and some I haven't. I am not looking for a recipe. What I want to know is if somebody has actually shot a USPSA classifier at A level performance with LEM gun during a course of a sanctioned USPSA match. Until I see that or an A card written in the name of a verified LEM shooter, all discussions of what's possible with that trigger and what isn't is just a theoretical noise to me. I know that I've been trying for two years, although it is about 3-4 matches annually and I don't reshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    Loan me your P30 while I'm in Utah and I'll see what I can do.
    Definitely, I'll be happy to. Stock, or Grayguns, or both.
    Last edited by YVK; 02-01-2016 at 03:28 PM.

I want to see the striker assembly that lowers the trigger pull by as much as 2#'s in a VP9/VP40. That along with the Ultra Match Kit and polishing should give you a sub 2# trigger pull.
    Last edited by JBP55; 02-01-2016 at 03:17 PM.

User Tag List