Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HK "gamer" gun for USPSA

HK "gamer" gun for USPSA

I'm planning on taking the plunge into some USPSA competition this year, and thought it might be fun to set up a game gun that wouldn't be super far off from my P2000 LEM carry gun.

As I'd like to stick with 9mm, my understanding is that I will have to shoot Production. To this end, I'm thinking a TDA USPc might be a fun comp-only pistol, and still be relatively close to my carry gun. The other option could be a VP9. I'm guessing neither of these guns are particularly competitive, but again, the idea is to pick up something as a fun gun that's not too radically different from what I'm carrying.

Not sure what I can get away with in production but it seems like there are few options to mod either of these models. Anyway any thoughts / ideas from more experienced hands would be welcome!

Site Supporter
    If you're just starting, I'd run what you've got in Limited with fully loaded mags until you've got a more accurate assessment of your needs. The gun you have is more than accurate enough and also the most similar to the gun you're carrying

Don't worry about being competitive yet. Worry first about being safe. The other stuff will become clear with practice.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

HK VP9 with Dawson sights and the match spring kit from HKParts. Although it would be your most competitive HK option I don't think it will translate all that well to the LEM (in my happily limited experience with that trigger system). Either way, HK's aren't too popular of a competition choice.
    Last edited by guymontag; 01-31-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    In my humble experience, it will be hard not to succumb to the Dark Side and buy-build a real gamer USPSA Production pistol and then your first "kind of gamer" pistol investment may not be realized. I would shoot what you have for a while and then make the investment. When I say a real gamer pistol look at what the top 10 or so shooters used at the big matches.
    Last edited by ranger; 01-31-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Dude, haven't you been paying attention? HKs are best used only by stone cold killers. They represent the very antithesis of gaming and shouldn't be mixed with "fun shooting" of any sort. In fact, the Germans are likely to send the Nachtkrapp after your soul for even suggesting such a travesty! I suggest you repent immediately to avoid any late night blanket party visits, or worse yet, disgruntled PMs from HK stalwarts the likes of Jodyh or Nyeti!

A VP9 with ultra match spring set and Dawson sights should do well in production.

You are gonna hate shooting a USPc in USPSA. Just get a Tanfo. You're gonna buy one eventually, anyway.

DA/SA P30L with light springs or VP9 with whatever action kit is available.

I shoot a GGI P30L LEM in USPSA. It is fun. I am not competitive. It is fun. The gun is not competitive although I think it is capable of supporting high B, maybe low A level of performance. It is still fun. I wouldn't shoot anything compact in USPSA for about half dozen reasons. Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    DA/SA P30L with light springs or VP9 with whatever action kit is available.

I shoot a GGI P30L LEM in USPSA. It is fun. I am not competitive. It is fun. The gun is not competitive although I think it is capable of supporting high B, maybe low A level of performance. It is still fun. I wouldn't shoot anything compact in USPSA for about half dozen reasons. Enjoy the game.

You not gonna support your PF brother Hopetown and come clean about the new Stock II?

I've shot 85 flawless rounds through it and it has anywhere from horrendous to forgettable trigger from the box, DA especially. It weighs enough to be used as dumbbells. I've seen them run like crap and I hope mine will be better. That's the extent of my opinion about it. GJM got his too, maybe he knows more.

In addition, it is replacing my Berettas, not the HKs. My HKs are irreplaceable because I am a stone cold beer. I mean, killer, not beer. But beer too.
    Last edited by YVK; 02-01-2016 at 12:02 AM.

User Tag List