Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intermittent heavy glock trigger

Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    Well I've taken everything apart, cleaned it (wasn't dirty at all, it was clean before I shot it) and put it back together. Everything looked right when I took it apart too. I can't get the problem to replicate at all dry fire. Won't be able to make it to the range for at least two weeks, but when I do I'll shoot it as is and bring whatever new parts with me to swap out if the problem comes back.
    I'm sure this is frustrating. I hope you get it figured out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    How's the feel, compared to the factory dot connector? Did it change the weight or nature of the break, or just make the takeup smoother?

That link says its for the 43/42 - does it work in all?
    Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to which connector it was. Take up is lighter, as is break. I get 4.5# on my Lyman digital trigger gauge.

Here's a link for an abbreviated version of the TTI kit. Guy ships quick and only charges $2.60 for shipping.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 02-02-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to which connector it was. Take up is lighter, as is break. I get 4.5# on my Lyman digital trigger gauge.

Here's a link for an abbreviated version of the TTI kit. Guy ships quick and only charges $2.60 for shipping.
    I have worked on many Glock triggers and I do not agree with this part of the sales pitch:

Glock's™ advertised 5.5lb trigger pull actually measures out at 7-7.75lbs on average. The Grand Master 3.25lb Connector Kit brings down the trigger pull to 3-4lb with no gunsmithing!
    Last edited by JBP55; 02-02-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have worked on many Glock triggers and I do not agree with this part of the sales pitch:

Glock's™ advertised 5.5lb trigger pull actually measures out at 7-7.75lbs on average. The Grand Master 3.25lb Connector Kit brings down the trigger pull to 3-4lb with no gunsmithing!
    I didn't write it.

Just an update for those who care...

I replaced the trigger bar and safety plunger (rolled the dice on the old connector I polished but I have a new minus one on the way, not a fan of the dot connector) and all is well again. It even cleaned up the ejection issues with my conversion barre I was having for those that were following the glock 23 thread. I have a feeling I ruined something with the safety plunger or messed up the install of it and the extractor if swapping those parts fixed both issues (is that possible?)...either way I vow to never polish anything again.
    Last edited by leif; 02-21-2016 at 06:21 PM.

User Tag List