Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent heavy glock trigger

Intermittent heavy glock trigger

I have a Gen4 G23 that is stock internally except for a polish job (done with a dremel and felt wheel/semi chrome) and a LW conversion barrel. I've been dry firing it and it felt great, best stock glock trigger I've felt. I took it out today and after about 50 rounds it turned into a about a 15 pound pull. After I field stripped it and tried to figure out what happened, I put it back together and it was fine. A few more rounds and the pull was heavy again. I haven't had time to take it totally apart yet, but what should I look for?

Ammo was freedom munitions 124 gr, which I don't find to be dirty, ran fine in my g19.

Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    I have a Gen4 G23 that is stock internally except for a polish job (done with a dremel and felt wheel/semi chrome) and a LW conversion barrel. I've been dry firing it and it felt great, best stock glock trigger I've felt. I took it out today and after about 50 rounds it turned into a about a 15 pound pull. After I field stripped it and tried to figure out what happened, I put it back together and it was fine. A few more rounds and the pull was heavy again. I haven't had time to take it totally apart yet, but what should I look for?

Ammo was freedom munitions 124 gr, which I don't find to be dirty, ran fine in my g19.
    Make sure it is reassembled correctly, with a spot of lube on the connector and trigger bar interface. If not resolved thereafter, you likely ruined your parts and rendered your gun inop. Replace anything you touched with new OEM.

Most ".25 trigger jobs", aren't.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post

Sounds like you polished too much. I'd just order a new trigger bar and connector.

I actually have those parts on the way in case that's what the problem is. Any reason the trigger goes heavy live fire vs dry fire?

Site Supporter
    Do a lot of dry fire and you'll get the same issue. I had the exact same issue with my G34 after...you guessed it...a so called "25 cent trigger job"....something to do with ruining the nose of the trigger bar and the connector...idk. I just bought new OEM parts and a Lone Wolf connector, and polished nothing. Problem solved.

I had less trouble with a 1911 trigger job. 25 cent trigger job my pasty white ass...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

I think you answered your own question with your kitchen table polish job & use of a dremel. It's no coincidence that none of my actual stock glocks don't suffer from a similar malignancy as yours. Not to sound like a dick, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I think you answered your own question with your kitchen table polish job & use of a dremel. It's no coincidence that none of my actual stock glocks don't suffer from a similar malignancy as yours. Not to sound like a dick, but it's true.
    I agree, that's why I put it out there. Unfortunately I've done the same buba-gun smithing to my other glocks (except my duty gun, thank god), but haven't had problems with them. new trigger bars are on the way but the damn (.) connector is hard to find.

I will add tho, I took it apart, cleaned it and lubed the connector/trigger bar contact point and I can't get it to replicate the problem again. Either way it'll be replaced, range gun or not it needs to work 100%.
    Last edited by leif; 02-01-2016 at 12:08 AM.

I've been using this connector for over 2 years now. TLG has been using one recently as well.

I have the same connector in my Gen 4 19. Only 500 rounds so far but it seems to be a pretty good replacement for the dot connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List