Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone prefer Glock 17 cut to accept Glock 19 mags over a Glock 19?

Mine has a mini tail, filled with epoxy.

Echryst, can you stipple the acraglas?

You can, but it doesn't have the same reaction to the stippling tip. The acraglass wasn't stippled on the bottom of the grip, as I purposely left that part of the grip (slug plug area) long. The acraglass only filled in the hole and gave it a good finished look. However you can see where I ran a drill bit through the frame to serve as anchor points for the acraglas to set in. It's not noticeable unless you're really looking.

Name:  FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  45.2 KB
    Last edited by EChryst; 02-07-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Name:  IMG_5410.jpg
Views: 1485
Size:  80.5 KB

Here's a less potato-ey picture. The angle makes it seem like the front of the magazine base pad is touching the grip. It is not, there's probably 1/16" gap.
    Last edited by EChryst; 02-07-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Looks like other brands are catching onto the concept.

https://www.impactguns.com/sig-p320-...681522804.aspx

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  101.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  100.3 KB

Finally got the balls to chop mine after thinking about it off and on since seeing this thread last winter. Cut it with a hacksaw, dremeled the mag well, and cleaned up the edges with some Emory cloth. Turned out great. Love how it handles and shoots. It's my bedside gun but wanted to chop it so I'd have another backup carry to my 2 G19's.

Is there any real advantage to a G19L over an RMRed G19 if you're using an optic?

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    Is there any real advantage to a G19L over an RMRed G19 if you're using an optic?
    Using an optic negates any perceived advantage of longer sight radius.

The recoil impulse is different between 17 and 19, some people like one more than the other. Personal preference.

The rear hump location, finger groove spacing, and overall grip feel is still different between a 19 and cut 17, some people like one more than the other. Personal preference.

I find that the G19L is just not a nice to shoot for me as I had hoped. My hands are large and the pistol just doesn't sit as well as my G19. I thought I would love it but it is just not quite ideal for me. The concept is solid but slide bite got worse for me after the G19L mod compared to a regular G19 frame...the dimensions are just different on the two frames but I would roll with it if it fit my hands. I have since moved on to the VP9 platform (love it!) but that is another tale.

My G17 to G19 project involved custom work (frame by Damon Young of SSVI)
    Name:  G19L.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  101.9 KB

Name:  G19L-a.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  24.5 KB

Name:  Glock 17 SSVI-2.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  91.4 KB
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

I have joined the Gen 4 17K/19L ranks. I cut it this weekend and worked on the grip a little by removing the finger grooves and backstrap texture to get it ready to stipple. Still shaping the bottom cut, beveling the mag chute, taking off the side texture and undercutting the trigger guard. I may try to figure out a bobtail feature for the end of the grip. I wish Sherer still made their Slug Plugs, bc they were nice and rounded off.

The Grip Force Adapter seems to make the gun point better for me. The G17 length grip usually pointed with the front sight a little high when presenting the gun.

So far I like it, but a work in progress.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A perfect project for all those leftover pieces from the 19x

Please Glock!!!!! Especially since the Gen 5 guns all use the same locking block, thus allowing the use of the longer factory barrel & slide.

Name:  IMG_1525.jpg
Views: 4662
Size:  74.1 KB

I went the Gen4 19 slide on a 26 frame. Same locking block on those two as opposed to 19 & 17 using different ones.

User Tag List