Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone prefer Glock 17 cut to accept Glock 19 mags over a Glock 19?

Anyone prefer Glock 17 cut to accept Glock 19 mags over a Glock 19?

I generally prefer a Glock 17 to a 19, but have been carrying and training with a 19 for the past few years. I've been using a 17 again for a couple of weeks and I'm much more comfortable with it than I am my 19s.

I'm thinking that a cut down 17 might be the better option for me.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I do. I have a 34, a 17, a 17K and a 19. The 17K (as chopped-to-19-mag-17s are sometimes called, which I bring up because G17K is searchable on a lot of forums and may be helpful to know) is probably my favourite, grip-wise.

Although that gun's had a bunch of work done so I'm not sure now if I like the grip because it's a 17K or because I reshaped it, because I no longer remember what I did to it. I think I might have done a bit of a grip reduction.

But in general I think the hump on the 19 doesn't place the gun as well as the full-sized grip. Part of that is me switching back and forth between guns a lot for work, but part of it's just Glock weirdness.

Pre-gen4 grips are dumb, regardless. Despite that being my preference for guns, nice 1911s aside.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Don’t really see the reason for that MOD, but before you cut your grip see if you can get a hold of one of the many concealment magwells currently available. SI’, Raven and Agency Arms all make them for the glock 19.

G19L is good to go

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have a chopped 17... There is a slight measurable advantage for me over a Glock 19. I notice the advantage more at ranges over 15 yards.

If I were to go back and do it again, I'd have a 34 for competition, 2 chopped 17's, and a 26.

Also, I'd get a Glock 7, but they cost more than I make in a month.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 01-30-2016 at 01:47 PM.

I do. I like mine so much (also coincidentally my first pistol, was chopped later) that I sold my G19 to my little brother when he got his CCW.

Why Glock doesn't make this a factory option I'll never know.

Same frame on a G34 is really neat too.
    19s chopped to 26 are also cool.

As one of the originators of the modification. I did some writing on the "Universal Glock" quite awhile ago. I much prefer this configuration, especially on the finger groove guns where there is more room for middle finger on the 17 than the 19. Also, I find the 19L works great for me for AIWB carry and IWB in general.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Pass.

Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I barely escaped looking at that thread the first time without chopping my FDE Gen 4 17, now the desire has been rekindled. Knedrgr really did a good job.

User Tag List