Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Low profile case/bag

I have found that tennis racket bags are not designed to take the weight of a rifle and small chest rig. Zippers and seams start to tear after a while.
    Problem is, all purpose built bags are identifiable by anybody who does a little research. The necessity of selling the product means that there are photos of it and it's features out there. For the truly paranoid, I am sure some recognition scanning software could be set up to alert on any of the purpose built bags.
    I think the most low profile bag is a bag built for some other innocent purpose that fits into your lifestyle seamlessly and does not provoke curiosity.

I have been using the Vanquest rackit covert rifle pack to take my Patrol Rifle to and from work for about the last year or so. I am impressed with the design and quality of the bag. Mine is the color in the picture, a grey and black combo. If I wanted to really change to outlook of the bag, I could stuff something like a windbreaker under the bungee cords on the outside.

http://www.vanquest.com/products/rac...ifle-pack.html

When I go on vacation and drive by car (Gulf coast of Florida) I use a breakdown case to carry a Colt 6720. Simple and cheap. It doesn't turn any heads when going from the car to the condo.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-ac...prod41025.aspx
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 01-31-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Site Supporter
    I used to use an old ratty looking gym bag.

I have in the past carried this.

The plan was to tell folks it was some traditional American Indian artifacts that I need to carry around for a ritual rite of passage that I shouldn't discuss out side of the tribe.

Instead it was this.

Now that I'm looking older and can play pretty feeble I have been looking for a medical type bag. I haven't yet found exactly what I'm looking for and hope this will trigger some of the medical folks thinking. Maybe one of them oxygen bottle bags or just something that says old dude with a problem not dude with a gun bag. May not help young dudes but I wanted to throw the idea out there. Maybe y'all can brain storm it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I forgot about this. When my kids were little I hid stuff in diaper bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post

Now that I'm looking older and can play pretty feeble I have been looking for a medical type bag. I haven't yet found exactly what I'm looking for and hope this will trigger some of the medical folks thinking. Maybe one of them oxygen bottle bags or just something that says old dude with a problem not dude with a gun bag. May not help young dudes but I wanted to throw the idea out there. Maybe y'all can brain storm it out.

If you can scrounge one from some local EMS guys, an old Iron Duck E-cylinder oxygen bottle carrier is very handy for carrying an SBR with a LAW Tactical folding stock adapter. And they do have them on fleabay as well.

If one is interested in "hiding in plain sight" you could even get a set of stencil's, and use Testor's white modeling spray paint to add "OXYGEN - NO SMOKING". You could likely carry that into a hotel or other place and barely get a second look. You younger folk could say it's for Grandma who is arriving soon.

Site Supporter

The plan was to tell folks it was some traditional American Indian artifacts that I need to carry around for a ritual rite of passage that I shouldn't discuss out side of the tribe.

Instead it was this.

Dat Wnichester 54 tho....,

Site Supporter
    Not it be picky but it's a model 55 in 30wcf.

Site Supporter

Instead it was this.

That rifle is making me dizzy and weak in the knees...

Site Supporter
    Not it be picky but it's a model 55 in 30wcf.

Typo - the 54 is a bolt action. Still very nice.

User Tag List