Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Trust Question

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan87 View Post
    I used silencershop.com trust. It was pretty easy to use. I just have me on it and my wife is the beneficiary if something happens to me. I have thought about making her one of the trustee's also but not quite sure how to do that honestly. I currently have two cans in jail. And I am trying to decide on which 22lr can to purchase.
    I have a page in my trust that specifically names my wife as co-trustee. This page must be notarized with the settler's signature. Then there is yet another page for the co-trustee to sign with witnesses, but that page does not have to be notarized and is not required for the trust to be legally binding.

I went this route to avoid problems with the suppressor being in my wife's possession when I'm not around or in case she wants to use it at some point.
    Last edited by Robinson; 02-09-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I have a page in my trust that specifically names my wife as co-trustee. This page must be notarized with the settler's signature. Then there is yet another page for the co-trustee to sign with witnesses, but that page does not have to be notarized and is not required for the trust to be legally binding.

I went this route to avoid problems with the suppressor being in my wife's possession when I'm not around or in case she wants to use it at some point.
    Thank you for the help. I will look at the trust paperwork when I get back home from work.

Site Supporter
    The local toy shop made a good point that I hadn't considered. The trust is very useful in situations where if I were to have an accident with the suppressor on my person (in the car after a wreck, etc) and am incapacitated, my wife could collect the suppressor and transport it home. I hadn't thought about that scenario, only how to deal with it after my death.

Chris

My good friend Matthew Bergstrom is the managing lawyer at www.arsenalattorneys.com - he does gun trusts for a living an lives in NOVA. He put my trust together. I'm sure he would be willing to talk with you if you need some advise. He will be at the gun show all weekend with a table. Let me know if you want me to introduce you.

User Tag List