Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your reloading setups!

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Love seeing that I'm not the only one with a tragedy of a mess around their reloading gear.
    No joke; mine's in a cramped corner of a cramped garage. It's one of the few areas of the garage that's vaguely organized, but I have to pull other crap out of the way before I can use it. My wife and I would be better off with both a larger house and less stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    No joke; mine's in a cramped corner of a cramped garage. It's one of the few areas of the garage that's vaguely organized, but I have to pull other crap out of the way before I can use it. My wife and I would be better off with both a larger house and less stuff.
    Just throw some useless stuff out of the living room and move your bench there. Life is all about priorities.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Hambo, you are a funny guy, and you can be the one to tell my wife that she has to put up with the tumbler running in the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Hambo, you are a funny guy, and you can be the one to tell my wife that she has to put up with the tumbler running in the living room.
    I'm there for you, brother. My bench is now in the house proper, instead of the attached workshop. How did I sell that? My wife got the ex-reloading area for all her garden tools. She's happy, and while it's not in the living room, I went from window AC and a small TV to central air and College Game Day.

ETA-Tumbling is still better left in the garage.
    Last edited by Hambo; 02-02-2016 at 03:11 PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    ETA-Tumbling is still better left in the garage.
    I know; that part was almost pure snark, as *I* wouldn't want it in the living room either. Too noisy, and toxic dust is much better limited to the garage vs actual living areas.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm dying here, comparing prices between the Lee Classic and my RCBS starters kit
    This is not how you do reloading. You pick a color and then defend it to the death from all corners. You do not regret your RCBS, you double down on its superiority.

But for serious, they all make bullets. I've never heard any meaningful complaints about an RCBS single stage. The only way you're going to "get it right" the first time is if you buy a Dillion progressive*, so there's no use worrying over how optimal your first purchase is. You'll eventually amortize the cost and wind up using it as a backup to a progressive anyway. In 5 years it won't matter.

*- I kid. Mostly.
    Last edited by jh9; 02-02-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I'm glad to see Lee represented... Much of their stuff is well designed and available inexpensively.

I'm a gear snob, no doubt, but my Lee stuff makes .5 moa 308 loads for me just as well as my Redding Competition Micrometer dies and T-7.

Lee stuff will definitely get 'er done. I use Lee a lot, as well as Redding, RCBS and Dillon.
    I use a lot of Lee dies, including for 308 and 223. I really tried to like the Loadmaster (I was planning to buy one in 9, 40 & 45) but finally caved and got a second 550.

Here is the reloading room:

Name:  iPhone Jan 2016_266.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  67.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I use a lot of Lee dies, including for 308 and 223. I really tried to like the Loadmaster (I was planning to buy one in 9, 40 & 45) but finally caved and got a second 550.
    What didn't you like about the loadmaster? I have not used one myself, but they look good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    What didn't you like about the loadmaster? I have not used one myself, but they look good to me.
    They look awesome. Some of the issue might be the thousands of rounds I loaded on the 550 prior to trying the Loadmaster. When it was rocking it just rocked, but any little thing that went wrong took a bit to unravel. And little things would go wrong. There is lots of www info about little tweaks and if you want to put in the squeeze you will probably get the juice, but I bailed and went back to terra firma, the 550. If you have reloading experience and no Dillon experience you might live happily ever after. Some of my decision could have been just how conditioned I was to the feel of the stroke. I probably loaded on a 550 for thirty years before I tried, though...

User Tag List