Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your reloading setups!

Taadski,

Do you keep women's skins down there too? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Taadski,

Haha!

I primarily load precision rifle, with short dabbles into pistol. I keep threatening to buy a Dillon Square Deal to pump out 9mm, but can't get the economics to work when ammo is so cheap right now...

That said, here is my setup, in a decommissioned hot water heater closet in our laundry room:

Forster Co-Ax, Prometheus Gen 2 powder measure, and various other tools. Not pictured is a separate cabinet that houses my powder and primer stores. It's pretty efficient.

Assuming prepped brass, which is done separately via stainless tumbling media and a Giraud trimmer, I can load a rifle round...accurate to the kernel of powder...about every 8-12 seconds. The Prometheus is expensive, but amazingly efficient and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Taadski,

Just started setting mine up in the new house.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1454163319669.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  36.2 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Here is my bench.
    Set it up in 1989 when I first moved into my house. The Forster press was added in the early '90s after I started to shoot Palma.
    The 550 has been removed only once, and that was when the frame broke last summer and Dillon replaced it for free, after 15+ years of constant use.
    The beam scale was purchased from Scott Parker, and results in both 308 and 223 ammo, when carefully loaded, with a SD of less than 10.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 01-31-2016 at 08:52 AM. Reason: trying to include the jpg into the post.

Taadski,

Actually, I'm very impressed that you carved it out yourself. Humor is just my way of dealing with feelings of inadequacy. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Just started setting mine up in the new house.
    What is that as a base on your floor?
    #RESIST

Fixed wrmettler's picture of his bench.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What is that as a base on your floor?
    7.5'x16' garage floor rubber matt that is dark grey diamond plate pattern.

Bought it at Costco for $164 out the door. It is not listed on the site, might be regional specific.

It tucked nicely under the floor boards and is tacked down by the transition borders to the carpet, which also tacks down the carpet.

I was going to use the 20x20 garage floor tiles found at Lowes/home depot but was out of the budget and was best utilized on more lighting and the new benches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 01-31-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    No pics handy, but I've been reloading for nearly 20 years. Virtually all centerfire ammo I consume is handloaded. I currently load 32SWL, 32-20, 38special, 44mag, 308win, 6.5x55, and 35whelen. I've previously loaded 32acp, 357mag, 44special, and 300winmag.

Wherever possible, I use Lee equipment. Not because it's the best, but because it's the best bang for the buck (no pun intended). I only resort to other brands when Lee doesn't make a particular tool or die or when the Lee version isn't available (ex 35whelen dies). I keep hearing you can't load accurate ammo with Lee, but two of my 3 hunting rifles deliver sub-1" groups at 100yds consistently. If that's poor performance, I'll take it.

I use a Lee Classic Cast turret press, all Lee dies except for the RCBS 35whelen set (also have an RCBS full length set for the 6.5x55, but primary use the Lee collet die set).

I keep all my dies mounted on Lee turrets so I can swap calibers quickly. If I'm using the same bullet and loading for the same gun, I don't even have to reset the seating depth

Powder Measures: Lee Perfect on bench for rifle (provides gross loads that I trickle to the precise load using a scale), and Lee's die-mounted Pro and Standard measures for handgun and 308.

Powder Trickler: Just a cheap Hornady one that works well enough.

Scales: Hornady digital scale

Kinetic Pullet Puller: RCBS

Case Trimmer: Lyman

Tumbler: Vibratory model from Midway. I think it was their house brand. I only use it infrequently.

For you folks that live in an apartment and think you can't reload. I started out with my press attached to a board and C-clamped to my desk. I only loaded 38/357mag at the time, but it worked.

I also cast bullets for my handguns.
    Lee 20lb bottom pour furnace
    RCBS 250gr SWC .430 2-cav mould
    Lee 125gr Truncated Cone .358 2-cav mould
    Lee 300gr Truncated Cone GC .430 6-cav mould
    MiHec 115-120gr Solid/HP .314 4-cav mould
    Lee sizing dies for .427, .428, .430, .432. (need a .309 die to make the 32cal bullets work as 308win plinkers and a .313 die to fit the tighter chambers of my K32).

Because I've been accumulating powders, primers, bullets, brass, and raw lead since before 2008, I didn't notice the "ammo shortage" at all.

User Tag List