Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your reloading setups!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    WTF kinda eggs are you cooking that you can crank 600 rounds out?

I dunno what I was cooking, obviously not fried eggs thats for sure.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

How I like to start a loading session. Nice and clean.

The Dillon 650 setup for 9mm.

Unfortunately life gets busy and things get piled up on the bench, and the other bench gets crowded. I am getting ready to put in a lower shelf which will help with organization.

From left- Forster Coax, Dillon 1050 setup for 223, Ponsness Warren setup for 12 gauge, and a couple MEC's

-Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter

Progress made tonight. Cased gauged and boxed 14,050 rounds of ammo. Then opened up the gray tool box that's half full of lead bullets and tumbled lubed until I ran out of space. Bullets are 127 grain trunticated cones. I'm playing with crimp and velocities to find a sweet spot for accuracy vs. lead, but I have a good feeling I'll need to open up the mold cavaties to get a larger diameter. It's advertised as a 6 cavity .356, and drops in the .357-.358 range after tumble lubing, but I wouldn't be suprised if I need to lap the cavities to up the diameter a bit to ensure the lead is doing the holding work, not the lube.

Big plastic ammo can has polished 9mm brass in it, as does the .30 cal next to it. Wooden ammo box has manuals, scales, case gauge, calipers, etc. in it. Coffee can has sized/primed casings to put in the press to take the spots of ones I take off to measure the charge and keep rolling without making a mess. .30 cals on the left end will have sorted 9mm brass in it. .30 cal on top of the wooden one is my primer catcher. I added a quick disconnect plastic plumbing fitting to my press to take a length of vinal tubing, taped a heavy axle nut on it to keep it in the can, and no more missed primers or stopping to empty it out.

Drawers are filled with misc. supplies. A 5 gallon bucket with mixed casings is calling my name with a beer tonight.

Press has a thrust bearing and washer between the shell plate and shellplate bolt, a roller bearing on the end of the case cam pin, and a 7 grain detent ball (vs. the factory 54 grain). A plastic wheel was pushed over the adjusting bolt for the powder dump for easier and tool-less adjustments.

All said and done, this thing is amazing compared to my lock-n-load in terms of reliability/setup/consistency/output. This summer I'll be making a bullet collator for it.
    Last edited by jeep45238; 04-30-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1462293649430.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  54.8 KB

You bunch of rich bastids... [emoji12]

(Obviously, that was meant as a joke. I think it's awesome some of you guys have basically your own ammo factories. But sometimes, it can be a little difficult not to be a bit jealous...)

(And yeah, the plan is to one day own an actual press. Once life starts to co-operate a bit more...)
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    My little homemade mount for my baby press. A kind soul donated a Lee classic press to me, and it just so happens that the front mounting bolt for the strongmount of my press mates up to the rearward most hole of the press and allows the ram to clear the table top.

I'm not sure if I"ll be keeping it there, I have a feeling this little cast press needs the load spread out a bit more for full on sizing. It did pretty well sizing without being mounted up to anything though.

Tony, when the funds allow I'd like to upgrade to a more stout single stage for sizing my bullets. If you'd like the press when I'm done with it, let me know. It's yours.

Uh, wow. That is a very generous offer and I am grateful for it.

Unfortunately, overseas shipping for a press would probably be costly.

Site Supporter
    Message me your country and I'll see what it would cost. Might be horrible, might not be. It's pretty small and lightweight.

My bench in its usual state. I admire those who keep their bench looking like a surgery suite but I'm out there to 1) produce ammo 2) enjoy myself so it usually looks semi messy.
    With the above setup I load everything from 9mm to .45-70.

On the other side of the garage is my all purpose workbench where gun cleaning/smithing and bullet casting occurs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1462293649430.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  54.8 KB

You bunch of rich bastids... [emoji12]

(Obviously, that was meant as a joke. I think it's awesome some of you guys have basically your own ammo factories. But sometimes, it can be a little difficult not to be a bit jealous...)

(And yeah, the plan is to one day own an actual press. Once life starts to co-operate a bit more...)
    What are you loading ? Do you load for more than one caliber ?
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Mostly .45 Colt, a little .44 Magnum. Stuff I can't find in stores, like jacketed bullet ammo for the .45 or anything other than 240gr FMJ/SJSP magnum charges for the .44.

User Tag List