View Poll Results: Does Pistol-Forum need a reloading section?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

49 96.08%
  • No!

1 1.96%
  • Mods here are shit.

5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we need a reloading section?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I do a lot of bulk pistol reloading but I would really like to learn about precision rifle reloading. If there's anyone here with a lot of experience there I will totally exploit it.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I ask purely out of selfish desire as I've got my RCBS Starter's Kit ready to be unboxed and my first set of dies in.
    I got my RCBS starter kit in 1974 and I still use it, even the little "Jr" press. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am afraid it illustrates the opposite.
    Oh well.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Chronograph you can mount directly to barrel or suppressor. This is the one I use.
    Used on 308, 300 win mag, 300blk and 556.

http://www.magnetospeed.com/collecti...ic-chronograph

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Is it possible to use that with a pistol? Some sort of rail mount vs the barrel clamp arrangement it seems to use? I'm not about to replace my "traditional" chrono anytime soon (unless I shoot it, of course ), and that one is definitely more expensive than I could justify, but learning about cool stuff is always fun.

Do we need a reloading section?

No horse in this race (option #3 was tempting though ) so did not vote in the poll.

I would not mind however; if reloading were treated like everything else here, I suspect the SNR in that section would be pretty high.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-29-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I do a lot of bulk pistol reloading but I would really like to learn about precision rifle reloading. If there's anyone here with a lot of experience there I will totally exploit it.
    That's me as well.

Tens of thousands of pistol rounds loaded but I'm a little overwhelmed and intimidated with 223/308 practice and precision reloading.

I'd be a sponge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am still new to the forum. But I have been reloading for about 4-5 years now mainly pistol. But slowly will start with rifle once I get my Omega 308 can out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    What powder?
    I know I should have gotten AA1680 or Lil' Gun for .300BLk subs but all they had that might work was IMR4895 and CCI400 primers.
    #RESIST

What is the bare minimum set-up needed to load 9mm & 5.56 ? What is the best things to invest in that will save you time & effort over the bare minimums ? What volume of practice 9mm & 5.56 do you need to crank out in order to make this worthwhile in terms of time & money ?
    I've never taken the time to dig very deeply to these questions since 9mm & 5.56 practice rounds are still relatively cheap. (As opposed to .500 S&W and .338 Lapua, for example).

I'm interested. I've been reloading since the mid 70s, though I'm not hyper geeked about all the intricacies of ultra-precision loading. I always read up on it when it comes up elsewhere, when those with experience discuss it though. I started reloading on the cheap, with a Lee Loader, and progressed from there. Mainly to be able to afford to shoot more, and casting bullets was part of that angle until more and better commercial cast bullets became easily available and affordable. Some of my guns have never had any factory ammo through them since I've had them, some very little. Mainly only buy factory in inexpensive surplus calibers and quantities.

User Tag List