View Poll Results: Does Pistol-Forum need a reloading section?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

49 96.08%
  • No!

1 1.96%
  • Mods here are shit.

5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we need a reloading section?

Sure, what would be the downside? I have been a reloader for 34 years (started at 5). But a good manual and basic mechanical knowledge can go a long ways. Some folks just need to realise they should not handload. But convincing people they are inept can be a chore. Also, you will not save money, not a penny. You will either shoot more, or shoot alot more. It does help to even out the supply and demand spikes and you can produce match grade ammo at a reasonable cost. However, I have yet to meet a reloader who has an account set aside for money saved. When ammo is available for $10-12 per box of 9mm I shoot factory. When factory supply gets sparse I reload. When it gets bleak, I cast. It is thing of beauty and it's own hobby.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    The lack of a reloading section on p-f is actually very illustrative. We do have 10 pages of tactical pants discussion instead.
    Illustrative of what?
    #RESIST

Would love a forum on reloading. I reload so that I can shoot, some people shoot so they can reload - big difference. I have an older Dillon that has paid for itself many times over. I am a lazy fellow these days and tend to buy factory ammo, but always interested in reloading subjects. Thanks for considering a new forum.

A reloading section would give me a way to make more meaningful contributions. While I'm no expert, I knew as soon as I bought a gun that I was going to be reloading for it, so I've got some experience, first on my father in law's single stage press and then on my own Hornady L-n-L progressive. I've only had a need to do 9mm and .380 so far, but any questions I can answer, I will.

First, though, I'm going to ask one: LL, you've got the starter kit, but did you buy a chronograph? Loading rifle rounds, you're probably going to want a case trimmer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    I'm in.

I've made plenty of mistakes that others can learn from.
    This.

Okie John

Yes please ! I handload, but not for the service pistol rounds - yet. I'd love to get tips from guys on this. Particularly on getting started in this aspect of handloading without spending an arm & a leg on a new Dillon press. Once I see how it goes, maybe I'll later make that investment if it pencils out.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Illustrative of what?
    I think it illustrates the fact that most users here focus more on shooting and less (threads on tactical yoga pants and chrome helmets aside) on the peripheral issues and other wankery that you see on sites like HKPro or Glocktalk. I've been reloading for nearly 40 years so it's been a HUGE part of my education and understanding of anything to do with firearms, but to be honest, I didn't even notice that there was no PF reloading section until now.

And if you're going to go down the accuracy rabbit hole, handloading is a must.

Okie John

Chronograph you can mount directly to barrel or suppressor. This is the one I use.
    Used on 308, 300 win mag, 300blk and 556.

http://www.magnetospeed.com/collecti...ic-chronograph

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I think it illustrates the fact that most users here focus more on shooting and less (threads on tactical yoga pants and chrome helmets aside) on the peripheral issues and other wankery that you see on sites like HKPro or Glocktalk. I've been reloading for nearly 40 years so it's been a HUGE part of my education and understanding of anything to do with firearms, but to be honest, I didn't even notice that there was no PF reloading section until now.

And if you're going to go down the accuracy rabbit hole, handloading is a must.

Okie John
    I am afraid it illustrates the opposite.

I'm happy to help. I've got lots of experience with precision rifle reloading on a single-stage, and progressive reloading for pistol and 5.56.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List