Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yoga (Lenovo style)

Yoga (Lenovo style)

I needed a new Windows 10 laptop for work and grabbed both a Surface Pro 4 and a Lenovo Yoga 900 Signature Edition.
    The Signature Editions come from the Microsoft Store with zero bloatware just pure Windows and are worth the added expense.

The Surface Pro 4 is a very nice tablet that functions as a laptop in a pinch (with the added type cover), I use it for taking notes in the field with the stylus, remotely operating my IR cam and showing infrared images to customers on site.

But the Yoga.
    The Yoga 900 Signature is a freaking awesome laptop.
    Fast, stable and relatively inexpensive for what you get when you buy it from Microsoft (I bought the i7, 16GB with 512GB SSD)
    The multiple position screen makes business presentations a breeze and the tablet mode makes working on it while seated in the truck much easier than a traditional laptop.
    Both of these are easily the Windows equivalent of my MacBook Air.
    In fact I find myself using the Yoga more than my trusty Air for all kinds of things not just work.

BTW: Office 2016 for Mac sucks.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-28-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Is it hot like yoga pants?
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

I have had nothing but problems with windows 10. Crashing, mouse drop, and sound loop freezes. Good desktop that didn't experience these issues with windows 8

Office sucks hard on Mac, period. No doubt about it. Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are superior applications on the Mac platform.

-R

Screwed up quoting in this post , see post below.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-28-2016 at 11:32 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have had nothing but problems with windows 10. Crashing, mouse drop, and sound loop freezes. Good desktop that didn't experience these issues with windows 8
    I have two Windows 10 machines and both are 100% virgin Win10 "Microsoft Signature" purchases with zero bloatware and guaranteed hardware compatibility.
    No issues whatsoever, I get more Mac "swirling beachballs" than I do Win10 lockups out of my current machines.
    I'm pretty much convinced manufacturer add-ons (semi-compatible hardware and especially bloatware) are the root cause of the majority of Windows issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Office sucks hard on Mac, period. No doubt about it. Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are superior applications on the Mac platform.
    Too bad Pages and Numbers aren't 100% Office compatible because industry is dominated by MS Office.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-28-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have two Windows 10 machines and both are 100% virgin Win10 "Microsoft Signature" purchases with zero bloatware and guaranteed hardware compatibility.
    No issues whatsoever, I get more Mac "swirling beachballs" than I do Win10 lockups out of my current machines.
    I'm pretty much convinced manufacturer add-ons (semi-compatible hardware and especially bloatware) are the root cause of the majority of Windows issues.
    Agreed. My only issues with Windows 10 have been software compatibility, drivers, etc.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

No major issues with the ones we deployed at work. I never use the touch/tablet mode on mine but the device itself and Windows 10 seem to be relatively solid.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I'll have to take a closer look at them - some of the more recent Yogas had rather negative reviews, but the Surface Book is well and truly above my desired pricing for the capabilities i'd want.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Have numbers do a pivot table, I'll wait right here while you figure that out.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

User Tag List