Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STEROIDS

So mom has COPD and takes steroids occasionally to breathe. Last fall, she got a minor infection in her hand, and it moved to her stomach. Couple days later her stomach split open. Doctor sewed it back together twice, the second time going for some really inventive stitch architecture. He said it was like trying to stitch styrofoam.

I'll pass, thanks tho.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    a paranoid, egomaniac with no impulse control and easily enraged with a gun and position of power or responsibility
    It's crazy to dump a ton of money into juice just to get that. I can totally replicate that experience with Canadian rye.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I'm surprised to learn that anabolic steroids are not given to most of our soldiers in the military on a normal basis. Controlled, monitored, dosages don't usually have major issues (such as behavioral ones). And the potential enhancement seems like it would outweight short-term or even long-term side effects. You have to carefully screen folks for impulse control/addictive personality, but then we do that with careful psyche evals at the upper levels anyway.

Let's be fair. Our military has definitely experimented with just about every potentially addictive schedule III/IV substance out there to enhance soldier abilities. I guess they figure they can't properly control/dose soldiers without abuse. The tacit approval of command fits perfectly with plausible deniability regarding the use of these drugs. Simply put,
    "we won't put our soldiers on it, but if they choose to use it...we won't actively do anything about it."

I applaud you in following your principles on the matter. But a principled decision usually leaves someone screwed over and it's usually the guy with principles.

-Rob

I've known several LEOs over the years that were juicers. Not one of them is still on the job, due to being fired because of behavioral issues caused by steroids. No thank you.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 01-28-2016 at 12:56 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

One of the guys I worked with was a big musclebound dude. I mean seriously into it. He got fired for pissing hot and then lying about it.

There are a lot of OTC "cycle" supp's that people take and its widely accepted, totally depends on the person and the need for that type of status or appearance.

At the end of the day, hard work and persistence pay off way more than any drug.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by BES View Post
    Rant:

This is becoming so common in a lot of tier 1-3 units and big Infantry divisions.
    Could you elaborate on what this three tiered system is, please; and what defines each tier?

Your described observations on steroidal abuse do not match with my own, nor do your conclusions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    I used to feel the same way until I saw an interesting documentary (can't remember the damn name) that really changed my view of them.

Really, how is steroid use "cheating" any more than training at altitude, using nutrition, having naturally above average levels of testosterone, using supplements, etc? You still have to do the work. Sure, it takes less time, but isn't everyone looking for ways to get results quicker?

If it weren't for the cost, legality, and the fact that you have to keep taking it, I'd seriously consider using steroids. Getting old and injured sucks!
    Was it Bigger, Faster, Stronger? I saw that too and have questioned my view on steroids since.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    Was it Bigger, Faster, Stronger? I saw that too and have questioned my view on steroids since.
    Yeah, I think that was it. Great movie!

Quite a few guys that I suspect have juiced over the years have quite a few joint and nerve problems. While muscles have almost unlimited potential, for most people cartilage, tendons and ligaments have very finite limits. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I don't begrudge anyone that uses steroids as long as they don't whine about the consequences.

Life is a marathon, not a sprint. Flaming out early and living in misery for short term unrealistic short term gains isn't on my priority list.
    Last edited by pablo; 01-28-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quite a few guys that I suspect have juiced over the years have quite a few joint and nerve problems. While muscles have almost unlimited potential, for most people cartilage, tendons and ligaments have very finite limits. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I don't begrudge anyone that uses steroids as long as they don't whine about the consequences.

Life is a marathon, not a sprint. Flaming out early and living in misery for short term unrealistic short term gains isn't on my priority list.
    Stem cells!
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List