Thread: Diagnose Glock trigger issue

Diagnose Glock trigger issue

Been tinkering with a project on a gen4 G17 with a Unity Atom slide on it.

Tried the Todd G mods he did for 58 with one addition.

Taran connector.
    Taran light plunger spring.
    Apex ultimate plunger.
    3rd gen trigger bar.
    PLUS the Apex flat faced trigger.

What I have in feel is very close to what I wanted....a smooth no wall very good DA feeling trigger.

The problem is....there is a large amount of pretravel. So much that there is literally NO overtravel. The trigger has to be pressed firmly all the way to the rear and only then will the striker fall on that very last ounce of movement. Make sense?

If I put the factory slide that's all stock back on it...it still has the issue though it is SLIGHTLY better.

I was planning on taking out one part at a time to see what was affecting it but thought I might save myself some time by getting your opinions.

Thanks!

No expert here by a long shot but I would suspect the flat faced trigger. Just a WAG.

I use a Taran connector, plunger spring and striker spring with an Apex extractor and 3rd Gen trigger bar. Gives a decent 4.5# trigger. I'll also suspect it's the Apex trigger.

Thanks for the feedback! I also suspect the Apex trigger to be the culprit, which is unfortunate because I like the way it feels.

Next question....can I put my stock trigger on the gen3 trigger bar? Never done that before.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    ....can I put my stock trigger on the gen3 trigger bar? Never done that before.

Yep. That and a minus connector are the only changes to my Gen 4 17.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Have you tried a minus connector with the same set up? I always felt like the minus connector had a little more over travel in my Gen 4 but gave a very similar feel to the TT connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List