Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LE Training for Plain Clothes

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    My partner today, wearing the exact boots I was saying scream cop. In his defense, we were sitting in the car all day waiting for a guy to pull up to his front door, so no one saw the shoes...

That's a good partner. "I need to take a picture of your backside and put on the Internet." "Ok."

Have your department contact NYPD Police Academy...they have a 3-day "plain clothes school" that I attended many moons ago. They go over gear set-up, force on force, weapon retention (fighting red-man suits), and weapons qual from concealment..good stuff.

LE Training for Plain Clothes

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's a good partner. "I need to take a picture of your backside and put on the Internet." "Ok."

What he does not know won't hurt him. No names, no faces....

He is actually a squared away guy. I have no problem with his job skills. But this sure did seem to fit the topic when he showed up at the office in those! I think the part that really gave us away as cops is we were the only two white guys in a 2 mile radius.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 01-28-2016 at 12:13 AM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

What he does not know won't hurt him. No names, no faces....

He is actually a squared away guy. I have no problem with his job skills. But this sure did seem to fit the topic when he showed up at the office in those! I think the part that really gave us away as cops is we were the only two white guys in a 2 mile radius.
    What footwear do you like that doesn't scream cop? I'm sure you want some type of comfort and protection if there is going to be a chance you are going to be chasing down bad guys. Just some generic outdoor hiking boots? You live in Texas so maybe some of you all wear western style boots like Justins/Ariats/Lucchese, etc. But I am not sure what it would be like to run in those or how much support/protection they give.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 01-28-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    You live in Texas so maybe some of you all wear western style boots like Justins/Ariats/Lucchese, etc. But I am not sure what it would be like to run in those or how much support/protection they give.
    Slip on western/cowboy boots absolutely suck for running.

Folks, you can wear whatever foot wear you want. Just my experience for dealing with snitches that military style boots make them think cop. But gringo in a no gringo zone also screams cop.

Our policy in the office is no sneakers. But dress shoes, hiking/cowboy/work boots, and casual shoes are allowed. Jeans are allowed as low no as they don't have holes or rips.

Fortunately, I don't have to chase people often. Agreed that leather sole cowboy boots suck to run in. But Justin work boots are comfy as hell! Wearing them as I sit at my desk... Slip on work boots are extremely common here.

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    What footwear do you like that doesn't scream cop? I'm sure you want some type of comfort and protection if there is going to be a chance you are going to be chasing down bad guys. Just some generic outdoor hiking boots? You live in Texas so maybe some of you all wear western style boots like Justins/Ariats/Lucchese, etc. But I am not sure what it would be like to run in those or how much support/protection they give.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Tactical flip-flops.

Folks, you can wear whatever foot wear you want. Just my experience for dealing with snitches that military style boots make them think cop. But gringo in a no gringo zone also screams cop.

Our policy in the office is no sneakers. But dress shoes, hiking/cowboy/work boots, and casual shoes are allowed. Jeans are allowed as low no as they don't have holes or rips.

Fortunately, I don't have to chase people often. Agreed that leather sole cowboy boots suck to run in. But Justin work boots are comfy as hell! Wearing them as I sit at my desk... Slip on work boots are extremely common here.

Ariat's are comfy too.

Site Supporter

Dude you give me flashbacks of my desk doing reports wit a wireless keyboard in my lap an a wireless mouse on my big belly an the commander comes in an says "what the hell!"

On a more serious note go to a construction site and see what them guys is wearing. That's a pretty good go by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

foruming while on the company dime, tisk tisk...

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List