Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC meets EDW...?

EDC meets EDW...?

A recent thread prompted many to share what they consider Every Day Carry, or EDC. What I'm more curious about is what folks on here consider Every Day Wear, or EDW. It's one thing to conceal what one is carrying; it's another thing to conceal that one is probably carrying concealed to begin with.

In my experience, 5.11 pants---or similar 'tactical' pants---offer great comfort and utility, but they tend to stick out like the proverbial sore thumb around the neighborhood or while running errands at Home Depot, Target, the kids' soccer practice, etc. I'm not so crazy about being permanently ID'd as Tactical Ted, so I have adapted most of my gear to carry in generic jeans.

I wonder what others do, so please chime-in if you carry and prefer not to telegraph it.
    Last edited by ubervic; 10-08-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: typo

T-shirt and jeans or cargo shorts is what I wear.

Here I am RO'ing a match... H&K P30 carried AIWB.
    Away from the range I rarely wear "gun" shirts like my snazzy orange Pistol-Training.com shirt

Here I am at the AFHF class in New mexico, again wearing my T-shirt and shorts.

Loose shirts and cargo shorts when not working. Depending on which job, usually a nice pair of Wrangler brand cargo pants and a golf shirt. Wal-Mart carries the Wranglers for 16 bucks or so and my shorts come from Sams. Shirts from Sams too.

I go away from jeans due to wear issues that cargo pants don't have with me. I also like the multiple pockets.

I do not own any tactical pants, too much money for usually not quite as good a product.

Warm weather equals cargo shorts and a button-down, plaid short sleeve short, button down linen shirt, or polo shirt....all untucked. If I wear a t-shirt I'll usually pack less than my P2000, so I usually end up dressing around the gun and wear the button down shirt(awesome concealment garment comfy, and not stupid looking). Shoes will vary between sneakers or sandals.

As cooler weather comes, I wear straight-cut jeans and a t-shirt/sweater with pull-over fleece, brown suede jacket, or heavy fleece jacket. usually sneakers or brown leather casual shoes.

I dress around my gun, but I wear completely normal-dude clothes with the exception of a leather gun belt which looks normal anyway. No 5.11's, no riggers belt, no hiking boots, ect. Nothing against guys that do, but I can't stand that stuff.

REI casual. Arcteryx, Marmot, REI pants; variety of "fishing shirts", polo's, etc. Or jeans and similiar shirts. Or khaki's and similiar shirts. As it cools off, light sweaters and fleeces come into play.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Packing right here. REI casual. VERTX pants. Lowa boots, flip-flops. Very casual and geared towards comfort.

#RESIST

I am normally wearing American Eagle Khaki's or jeans a long with an america eagle polo or some days columbia shirts from REI, I work in a lab and I am in constant contact with corrosive materials, therefore i have a whoel wardrobe of clothes that became work clothes lol.

Outside of work I normally wear jeans or REI cargo pants a long with some type of t shirt.
    Chemist.

Carhartt jeans (the looser/more modern fitting ones) or carpenter-ish pants (like the canvas ones with a single leg pocket). I wear the khaki colored ones like most people wear dockers. I wear a lot of untucked button-front shirts, but since going appendix I am getting more comfortable carrying in a tshirt or polo that isn't sized like a tent.

ETA: I like the look and fit of some cargo pants, but honestly I have zero use for the leg pockets. I carry a lot of junk around, but having it beat my knees into submission is no bueno. I'll slip my phone into the pliers pocket on the carpenter pants sometimes, but that's it. What in the world does anyone put in those giant leg bags?
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 10-07-2011 at 11:56 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Untucked tshirt/polo and jeans/shorts/khakis here as well. I rarely wear BDU/cargo pants off the range even though I know no one will notice much less care.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

We are diminished
    Untucked polo and jeans literally 95% of the time. I only wear 5.11s when I teach because I think it looks more professional. Otherwise, I'd even teach in jeans.

User Tag List