Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this Sabre Pepper Spray GTG?

Arrived today: (my ordering got sidetracked, I actually ordered this last Thursday.)

(1) DT-5169 Mk-6 Inert Spray

(2) SR-51H2O06 SABRE Defense H2O 0.69 oz Stream Mk-6

From Cops Plus. $23.80 for the items, $8.95 shipping.

Last edited by RJ; 07-28-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Arrived today: (my ordering got sidetracked, I actually ordered this last Thursday.)

(1) DT-5169 Mk-6 Inert Spray

(2) SR-51H2O06 SABRE Defense H2O 0.69 oz Stream Mk-6

From Cops Plus. $23.80 for the items, $8.95 shipping.

Thx for the update Rich, been looking for a smaller Sabre OC for my runs as the larger one that I EDC is a tad too big for the running short pockets, hmmm ........

Site Supporter
    If you trust OC, you didn't learn to use it in one of my training classes (nor, I suspect, in a class taught by Chuck, Wayne, or DB). OC is certainly not 100% effective. In a decent formulation and proper deployment, however, it does work very effectively on most people most of the time. In my organization's experience, it works more reliably than the Taser. We also use Sabre Red/

+1 for Sabre Red. It's pretty wicked to get sprayed in the eyes. The Crossfire cans seem good but for regular joe pocket carry they are a bit large. I carry the one shown above now.

Picked up a couple different sprays on Amazon. Got a large can for walking the dogs and spitfire to put on my keychain. Both are sabre. I did get the 3 in 1 for the large can. I didn't realize it until after reading this it wasn't needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Picked up a couple different sprays on Amazon. Got a large can for walking the dogs and spitfire to put on my keychain. Both are sabre. I did get the 3 in 1 for the large can. I didn't realize it until after reading this it wasn't needed.

FFGuy got a link to the buy you did on Amazon?
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 08-05-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    FFGuy got a link to the buy you did on Amazon?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007...236_SY340_QL65

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0077...236_SY340_QL65

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Thx FFGuy, I had looked @ the top link after my last post, now to get it ordered.

My larger Sabre Red can finally slipped out of my pocket on a run this week & during my cool down walk in 95° temps. I actually found it. The clip *should* prevent a repeat occurrence, sim. to the one on my long carried Spyderco.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 08-05-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Thx for the update Rich, been looking for a smaller Sabre OC for my runs as the larger one that I EDC is a tad too big for the running short pockets, hmmm ........
    Yeah, I dunno.

Now that I've had the Mk-6 dispenser model for a few days, I'm thinking maybe it will just go in the truck side pocket.

It is "just" too big for carry in my strong side pocket. Which is weird; at Tac Con, at John Murphy's excellent range session, I tried the inert training unit and it pointed well, and seemed to be what I wanted.

Well.

The size of the cannister (about 1 1/2") prevents me from allowing my fingers to easily slip past to grab my keys out of my pocket. And, the built-in clip has a lot of spare room at the clip end; meaning it does not really retain well. In fact, it slipped and fell onto the floor when I handling the leash on our Mini-Schnauzer.

So I think I'll be investigating another spray method for pocket or clip carry. Maybe re-look at the Spitfire again.

One thing I like about the spitfire is I can carry it in my hand while I'm walking through the parking lot. It's natural because I normally pull out my keys anyways. I watched some videos on it and the spray only extends to just outside contact distance. Not near as much as your bigger cans.

User Tag List