Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Games

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I've been playing a heavily modified Arma 3 to try and gear up for playing with a group online. Otherwise, War for the Overworld, which is a remake of Dungeon Keeper. Pulsar: Lost Colony is another I've been trying to make time for.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I'm nearing 400 hours logged with World of Guns on Steam (if that even counts as a game), also playing Grim Fandango: Remastered. You might be too young to remember that one when it first came out
    My friend was the genesis for the Grim Fandago remake. I really need to get around to playing it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Used to be a WOW nerd and think about playing it every now and then but its such a time commitment. Also liked battlefield but I played on a xbox.

I'm mostly a console gamer, usually playing games like Skyrim, Alpha Protocol, Mass Effect, Saint's Row, Metal Gear Solid, the Batman Arkham series, IL-2 Sturmovik, the Ace Combat series, and the Armored Core series. So basically from PS1 to XBox 360. I don't bother with online gaming as the community involved makes me glad I don't have Darth Vader's ability to throttle people from a distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

I found nethack in 1993 and haven't played much else since. As one enthusiast put it so eloquently so long ago: "Thank you for the new release of Grade Wrecker. My GPA just went in the corner and shot itself."

I do Super Mario and Zelda a bit now with the kids but that doesn't really count.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

My PC is old and underpowered, so I play a lot of older games.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Metro: Last Light is probably one of the best shooters I've played, if the story is an important part of the grading scheme; the mechanics are pretty damn good, but still not quite as polished as some of the AAA titles. I also pre-ordered The Division, but I doubt it'll have staying power.

If anyone likes fantasy RPGs, I cannot more strenuously recommend The Witcher 3; easily one of the greatest games I've every played. Witcher 1 and 2 are also very good, but not required to understand the basic plot of Witcher 3.
    Agreed!

If I could only pick less than 5 top games, it'd be S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the Operation Flashpoint games. IMO OP: Flashpoint and it's sequel Flashpoint Resistance are a 100 times better that of the "run & gun" teabaggers of the COD franchise.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List