Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Plunger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Alrighty then, no more #9 for me. Suggestions on replacements? Is Slip 2000 any good? I've got a bottle in my Amazon cart just waiting for me to click the process order button.
    Yes. Good stuff. I got a sample in a Pat Rogers carbine class 9-10 years ago and I've been using it ever since.

Robar is local to you - if it's less than $20 re finish the part or have them re finish all your internals in NP-3 ?

Otherwise, Apex.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-24-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Whose part?

When it comes to Glock, especially trigger / ignition system parts the answer is almost always OEM.

The only one I would consider other than OEM is the Apex replacement plunger, which I believe is steel. https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/192006

Another option in lieu of aftermarket parts is having Robar NP3 coat your OEM internals which helps smooth up the trigger. Chuck Haggard has had good results with these.
    I just put one of those in my oldest Gen 3 G17 for grins based on somebody here's reco. I think it smoothed a couple hitches out of the press.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'd stick with the OEM. ToddG said here that the Apex plunger didn't make a noticeable difference when he tried one. At 4x the cost of the factory part, I'd expect it to either improve reliability (unlikely) or make my trigger feel significantly better.

I like everything I've bought from Apex, and they come so highly recommended that they're about the only outfit I'd buy (and have bought - for the M&P) aftermarket trigger parts from, though.

Site Supporter
    I have an Apex plunger in a Gen4 19, it does smooth up the initial pull quite a bit. I plan to buy a few more.

Thanks fellas. Apex and Slip 2000 it is. Really appreciate all the replies.

I traded my N82 holster for a Serpa Holster and a tungsten (Lightning Strike) plunger. It really smoothed my G17 trigger out.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I traded my N82 holster for a Serpa Holster and a tungsten (Lightning Strike) plunger. It really smoothed my G17 trigger out.
    Periodically remove the plunger and inspect it. In my experience, the striker chews them up pretty badly. You cannot see the damage unless you remove the part. I switched mine back to OEM but recently put an Apex part in one pistol. It's too early for me to say one way or the other about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I traded my N82 holster for a Serpa Holster
    I think you went from bad to worse.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/9692

http://pistol-training.com/archives/4926
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 01-25-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Most titanium strikers and firing pin safeties I've seen don't stand up well overtime. The engagement surfaces get beat up pretty fast compared to OEM steel parts. The Apex part appears to be well made.

User Tag List