Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Plunger

Glock Plunger

I'm starting to see some flaking on the plunger in my Gen 4 G19. Should I just replace it with the OEM part? Has anyone tried these Titanium replacements? I am seeing mixed reviews regarding the Ti replacement and whether it really makes a difference in felt trigger pull. Sorry for the crappy IPhone picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Whose part?

When it comes to Glock, especially trigger / ignition system parts the answer is almost always OEM.

The only one I would consider other than OEM is the Apex replacement plunger, which I believe is steel. https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/192006

Another option in lieu of aftermarket parts is having Robar NP3 coat your OEM internals which helps smooth up the trigger. Chuck Haggard has had good results with these.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Whose part?

When it comes to Glock, especially trigger / ignition system parts the answer is almost always OEM.

The only one I would consider other than OEM is the Apex replacement plunger, which I believe is steel. https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/192006

Another option in lieu of aftermarket parts is having Robar NP3 coat your OEM internals which helps smooth up the trigger. Chuck Haggard has had good results with these.
    I believe the company is Lightening Strike. I forgot about Apex. Thanks for the reminder, I will definitely be ordering one of those.

Can't see the flaking you're describing. If it's what I think it is and have seen on other guns, knock off the edges and drive on. If it bothers you, replace with OEM firing pin safety (p/n 84) and firing pin safety spring (p/n 91).

What cleaning products do you use?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Can't see the flaking you're describing. If it's what I think it is and have seen on other guns, knock off the edges and drive on. If it bothers you, replace with OEM firing pin safety (p/n 84) and firing pin safety spring (p/n 91).

What cleaning products do you use?
    I've always used Hoppes #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I've always used Hoppes #9.
    That was my suspicion.

AAR: Glock Armorers Course (03/2013)
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....urse-(03-2013)

Misc
    • If you use Hoppes in your Glock, don’t let it sit for extended periods due to the interaction of the ammonium nitrate and nickel. Best to use something else altogether.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-24-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This. I know from experience. I have a bunch of stuff that I would sell.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    That was my suspicion.

AAR: Glock Armorers Course (03/2013)
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....urse-(03-2013)
    Alrighty then, no more #9 for me. Suggestions on replacements? Is Slip 2000 any good? I've got a bottle in my Amazon cart just waiting for me to click the process order button.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 01-24-2016 at 12:29 PM.

I've seen flaking on this part before, mainly on guys guns that have attempted to polish the part. Never been a problem. I run the APEX part in my Glocks now and it hasn't flaked. Either way it's really a non-issue IMHO.

I recommend the Apex part as well.

User Tag List